Author Topic: Kill light??  (Read 12545 times)

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Kill light??
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2011, 08:45:31 AM »
Ernie, I think you mis-understood me.  I agreed with you that long distance shooting is a skill and can be exciting, just not necessary to kill predators.  Whatever trips your trigger to pull the trigger is up to you.  Just as long as you are identifying the target and shooting safely.  Most guys can not consistantly shoot over 100 yards (me including) without the aid of sticks or tri-pods.  I don't think it's ethical to take chances and wound animals at those distances.  Can be very exciting for sure.  When I do get a tri-pod, I will stretch out some shots as long as I am positive on the ID.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Rosko

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2011, 12:00:08 PM »
just ordered the predator pack from boondock outdoors it looks like a sold setup

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2011, 12:29:36 PM »
Lookn4fur
Ethical to me is not shooting at eyes, but to pick a spot on the body unless you have your act together. What part do you think 90 % shoot at. Eyes, Why do you think that is? To shoot at eyes people are shooting a an 1 1/2 circle. They better have a good rest and gun, because I see hunters that can not hit that at 100 yards off a bench.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2011, 06:08:50 PM »
I don't know how else to say I agree with you.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline TFC2223

• Junior Forum Member
    • http://www.redeyesops.com
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2011, 08:15:13 PM »
Rosko,
You will not be disappointed with the Kill Light(s).  I have been running the 100 model as a scanning light/shotgun light and the 250 model for rifle shots.  Close or far the light performs.  If one is out there and you can't make a positive identification then you will know the lights capabilities for that given situation.  Snow, full moon, new moon, light polution and so on will affect the lights ability to identify targets at given distances as with any other light for that matter.  Good luck and safe hunting to you.

Kirk McKendree
Kirk McKendree

RED EYES OPS

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2011, 06:27:39 PM »
Kirk....what made you decide to attach a 250 to your rifle instead of the 100 model?

Mike

Claybird

« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2011, 06:54:29 PM »
Lookn4fur
Ethical to me is not shooting at eyes, but to pick a spot on the body unless you have your act together. What part do you think 90 % shoot at. Eyes, Why do you think that is? To shoot at eyes people are shooting a an 1 1/2 circle. They better have a good rest and gun, because I see hunters that can not hit that at 100 yards off a bench.
you shot 268 yards with a re dlite you must hav yung eyes shooting far at nite is unethcal

Offline shortmagger

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2011, 11:32:09 PM »
you shot 268 yards with a re dlite you must hav yung eyes shooting far at nite is unethcal

Claybird, some of us identify our targets by eyes at up to 200 yards.  Unethical is not the word for this, it is more experience in calling with actual predators coming into the call.  A lot of times when we see eyes in our scanning peripheral vision, we can identify a target by those eyes versus a non target.  I salute Buckwheat for his long shots and good rest, and Lookn4fur, for his wanting to get predators in close.  They both have their thing, one of them is for long shots, and one of them is for close up action, its a choice of a predator hunter's scenario and comfort zone.  Some guys shoot a rimfire rifle, some guys shoot a shotgun, and some guys shoot a centerfire of differnet calibers, its all in what you are comfortable with, and I still haven't seen any pictures of any kills from Claybird...............Cell phones with cameras are the norm anymore, so to send a text/pic message to a PPHA official to post for you should not be any kind of a problem.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 11:36:28 PM by shortmagger »

Claybird

« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2011, 11:05:38 PM »
hahaha wat is the word for it?iresposible or reckles?gredy or ilegal?mabe you can do a book on eye targets. hahaha kid i dont take pitures heres my text for you hahahahahahaha

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2011, 08:39:58 AM »
Fellas, if your going to have a debate, please use spell check so we can understand what it is you are debating.

Offline shortmagger

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2011, 12:34:14 PM »
Sorry Tim, no more debate

Offline foxfx

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2011, 02:21:01 PM »
I sense that we have a troll among us.

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2011, 02:48:06 PM »
Lions, and tigers and trolls  O-NO! :-)
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline longhair

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2011, 09:45:18 PM »
I sense that we have a troll among us.

"Troll" ~Also known as "forum fairies".  ;D
Whatado !!!!
District 6
"When the queen is happy, There's peace in the kingdom."

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2011, 08:30:47 AM »
That typing looks familar  ;)

And whats funny is Tim telling people to check their spelling  ;D

Anyway to get back on topic. If you can identify at long range, great. If you like them in close, great.
The important part is youre out having fun and being safe.
Good luck to all this season
THIS IS SPARTA!!