Author Topic: Longhairs HOG BLOG or...THE KING AND I  (Read 31141 times)

Offline paul555

• Seasoned Forum Member
Longhairs HOG BLOG or...THE KING AND I
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2007, 09:43:43 PM »
Heard a few yotes howling this evening.  That was really cool.

longhair

« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2007, 02:16:55 PM »
One for the king and one for me. Plus I got one painted hole. At least we were in the shade !!!!!! 8)

Offline paul555

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2007, 10:19:06 PM »
OK, today I got like 1.97 or something like that.   :D

I got one dead, no questions asked.  I got one painted hole.  That puts me at 1.50.  Then, I had a few more confirmed hits (3 people watched them get hit, roll around the ground a bit) but no blood as they made it back to their holes.   :?

BP

« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2007, 09:10:27 AM »
The King has a posse?  :lol:

Offline paul555

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2007, 10:06:03 AM »
Quote from: "BP"
The King has a posse?  :lol:

Well, for starters, there is a Queen.   :mrgreen:

She got her first yesterday.  That was really cool.

longhair

« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2007, 11:50:35 AM »
Ahhhhhhh------- was that with HER new gun ?? :shock:

BP

« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2007, 11:55:02 AM »

The Kings groundhog hunting posse, the Queen rides shotgun.  Where is the required orange?  Does me Lord find himself above the law of the land?

longhair

« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2007, 11:59:15 AM »
I'd say that with a gun that big, he can wear what ever he wants !!!! And so can his posse !!!!  :wink:

Offline paul555

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2007, 02:51:38 PM »
Quote from: "longhair"

Wellll.....  We're still working on getting the right load for HER new gun, and sighting it in...  so she used my gun for her first groundhog.

Wait a minute...  why do we keep emphasing the word 'HER' in front of 'new gun'.   :lol:

Offline paul555

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2007, 02:55:11 PM »
Quote from: "BP"

The Kings groundhog hunting posse, the Queen rides shotgun.  Where is the required orange?  Does me Lord find himself above the law of the land?

BP,

Hey, that's 3 people I guided to their first groundhog this year.  If you need my services, just let me know.  No one will think any less of you.   :mrgreen:

longhair

« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2007, 11:41:04 PM »
Quote from: "paul555"
Quote from: "longhair"

Wellll.....  We're still working on getting the right load for HER new gun, and sighting it in...  so she used my gun for her first groundhog.

Wait a minute...  why do we keep emphasing the word 'HER' in front of 'new gun'.   :lol:
Do you really want me to go there ? :roll: We may have to get you another trophy for another catagory. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

longhair

« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2007, 02:21:25 PM »
Well the heck with that tripod. I'll have a new bipod for both guns this week. The only trouble with this is, I'll be in the prone position and might need to be wakened up. Now, if I could only find that silent dog whistle. Here little piggy, stand up and be counted !!!!!!!!!! :lol:  :lol:  :wink:

longhair

« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2007, 12:49:54 PM »
Three more last night, I think that's 64. Had my new bipod on and thought I was missing them. But, came to realize that when I shot there was alot more there than I could see. I was shooting out to 300 yards or better so when I took the shot, I drew a little map of the field so I could remember where they was at. There was a butt load of them and after the shot, they scattered. That was why I thought i was missing them. The one I shot was down, but here I am trying to hit running targets at plus 300 yards.  :shock: Yea, like that's gonna happen !!!!!!!
BTW, the land owner was happy. The farmer was happy. The neighbors were bitch'in and the police showed up. Before I ever started I lazered 160 yards from the houses. At least 50 yards from the road and was shooting into a hillside. Everything was cool with the police and the owners son told me to keep up the good work. He is going to join me thursday night in the same spot. This is nothing new, it happens every year. It's just funny though, I've been shooting on this farm all summer.

Offline paul555

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2007, 02:58:15 PM »
Wow, you had some added excitement!  I haven't had to experience the police showing up yet.  Glad to hear everything turned out ok though.  That's smart to range the houses just in case.

longhair

« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2007, 06:08:58 PM »
Hey paul,
This is the field I was telling you about. I'd like to take about half a dozen guys out there shooting. I'm about ready to call the PGC and file hunter harassment charges on them !!!!!! :shock: But if it happens again, I want to use the local police to go and talk to them first. There's really no need for this !!!!!!!! :?