Author Topic: Longhairs HOG BLOG or...THE KING AND I  (Read 30058 times)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Longhairs HOG BLOG or...THE KING AND I
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2007, 06:09:55 AM »
BP,

Ya need to invest in a golf cart to tote youself around...but in your case we might hafta send yo to driven school first.... :roll:  ya might even be allowed to borrow Dales gun mount(less the lite) and who knows..maybe you could run over a road kill and we might let you claim it as a kill for a count of===1  :shock:
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

longhair

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2007, 01:07:29 PM »
Quote from: "BP"
Keep tooting your horn! I am laid up for a few weeks and hang on your every word. :shock:  When I really get bored, I watch the Dow flirt with 14K.  :cry:

OH MAN !!!!!!! You need to get out bad !!!!!! :shock:

longhair

« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2007, 12:28:45 PM »
Three more yesterday and a couple that made it back to the hole. Although the ones that made it back won't be feeling to good toady as the hole was "painted". But I don't count the ones that can't be retreived. That's 56 !!!!  8)

longhair

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2007, 12:35:01 PM »
Oh yea, I was using my 17 yesterday and I was a flip'in and flop'in a few at @ 200 yds. Now if I would have had my 243---- that would have been BANG-FLOP !!!! :lol:

longhair

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2007, 09:45:38 AM »
Was out with paul yesterday. He got two and I got one with a few misses. Got to see his hunting area, now I got to show him mine with a few others. That's 57. 8)

BP

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2007, 10:35:29 AM »
I should re-title this thread to "Hog Blog".   :lol:
Paul, good to hear your title is intact.

longhair

« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2007, 11:08:42 AM »
That's not a bad idea. In all fairness, one of ---er-- two of the misses was at 400 yards resting on a tripod. Us older folks need that steady rest thing. I carry a shooting bench on my quad for just those ocasations. I was going to shoot a third time resting off my backpack but two fawns came out right behind the hog. So I said that was that. Didnt know what else was back there. But I did miss at about 90 and 125. Most of the time where I hunt, I rest off the big round hay bales cause they are all over the place. To be honest, it's me not the gun !!!!! but then again, if you hit your target everytime-------aahhhhhhh, that's why they call it hunting. Not to mention, that's a target for another day.  :)

Offline paul555

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2007, 10:25:37 PM »
longhair was too nice mentioning only the ones I got.  I missed a few also though.   :oops:

BUT...

the title is intact as everyone has to wait until next year to try to take it.   :mrgreen:

longhair

« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2007, 11:39:36 PM »
Not so fast, it's not over yet. The "shoot off" field is ready. I'll give you a call soon. But we got some other fields that we got to attend to. You just don't know how hard it was to not shoot there today after the rain. I was scopeing the field and the farmer asked for help. So I went with him. But still managed to get three tonight. That's 60. 8)

longhair

« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2007, 11:44:19 PM »
Quote from: "paul555"
longhair was too nice mentioning only the ones I got.  I missed a few also though.   :oops:

BUT...

the title is intact as everyone has to wait until next year to try to take it.   :mrgreen:

I'll take that as a challenge.  :roll:

longhair

« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2007, 11:48:06 PM »
Quote from: "BP"
I should re-title this thread to "Hog Blog".   :lol:
Paul, good to hear your title is intact.

I'm flattered that you would do this,BP. On the other hand---------???? :shock:

Offline paul555

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2007, 09:38:44 AM »
Hahaha...  you might end up with more than me this year, but I'm getting a trophy.   :lol:

You have to wait til next year to get one of those.  But whatever happens, let's keep the trophy in District 6.   8)

longhair

« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2007, 10:55:43 AM »
That's ok, I'm not trying to get a trophy let alone take yours. You earned it fair and square. My trophy will have to be mounted and hung on the wall. That is the yote that I was telling you about. Just like buck hunt'in, I got my sights set on one particular critter and that's what I'm going after. Now, don't get me wrong, if I get a crack at any other yote-----well, I'm gonna take it.  8)

longhair

« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2007, 11:01:13 AM »
Ya know, anybody else can just jump in here any time with their count. Surely the KING and I are not the only ones hunting hogs. :shock:

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2007, 12:28:40 PM »
One things for sure, I won't be taking the championship from either of you.  Although it's great fun, I don't hunt them very often.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!