Author Topic: Longhairs HOG BLOG or...THE KING AND I  (Read 27327 times)

Offline paul555

• Seasoned Forum Member
Longhairs HOG BLOG or...THE KING AND I
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2007, 11:44:38 AM »
Interestingly enough, after I posted that yesterday, my wife and I went hunting.  We had the pleasure if dealing with a nut-case, and got to have a nice conversation with both the police and game wardens.  This nut tried to say we were shooting after hours (he kept saying they ended at 6:30?????) and he also said we're trespassing (my father-in-law is the farmer, his friend owns it, and we have full permission to be there).  In fact, it's a red-tag farm, and EVERYONE is allowed to hunt there.  This guy ranted and raved the whole time we were waiting for the game wardens and police to show up, saying we had no business hunting there and scaring 'HIS DEER', because he's an archery hunter and we should respect that and not hunt anything, not even groundhogs.  Keep in mind, this guy is just a renter of a mobile home that sits on the edge of the property, but thinks he has the hundreds of acres of farmland all to himself.   :lol:

Long story short, the game wardens that he called were very nice to my wife and I, and encouraged us to hunt there again tonight, and they hope my wife gets her first deer during the red tag program.  They also explained to this nut that it is against the law to interfere with hunters (he always would jump on his quad and ride all around us every time he sees us hunting).  The state police (whom I called in response to his threats to shoot us) had a nice talk with this nut also, and both the game wardens and police felt confident he wouldn't be bothering us again.  I have my doubts, but both told us if he bothers us again to call them immediately.

How's that for an exciting evening!!

BP

« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2007, 12:05:53 PM »
I'm cornfused.  Didn't the NUT see the Queen on the Hummer pivoting her new gun around?  What did the game warden say about your "Gun mounted Hummer"? You sure left alot out of the story.

Offline paul555

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2007, 03:04:45 PM »
Quote from: "BP"
I'm cornfused.  Didn't the NUT see the Queen on the Hummer pivoting her new gun around?  What did the game warden say about your "Gun mounted Hummer"? You sure left alot out of the story.

Yoisers!

I did make one mistake in the story though.  I should have said my wife is trying to get her first 'doe'.  She got her first deer last year, which was a nice buck.  It should be back from the taxidermist this month!  Now she needs her first doe.   :D

Addition to the story: my father-in-law, the farmer of the land, talked to the owner this morning, and then placed a call to this fella.  He made it clear to him that we will be hunting there, and will not be harrassed.  He also made it clear to him that he better not ride his quad in the fields again, because if we see him do that again the police will be called by him and charges pressed by the owner.  He also made it clear to him that the 'No Trespassing' sign that the nut put up better be gone today.  This guy actually put up a 'No Trespassing' sign on property he doesn't own to keep hunters away.  The owner welcomes hunters and in fact participates in the deer control program.  And this nut thought he could post it.   :lol:

longhair

« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2007, 07:00:10 PM »
Paul,
 This wouldn't happen to be the same place that we went to shoot hogs ?? :shock:

longhair

« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2007, 10:19:13 PM »
Went out this evening and only got one. Had to use some tactical manuvers on him because of the location. WOW !!!!! This was the biggest and heaviest I've take'in this year. Talk about a HOG. And, yes, the police showed up BUT, everything was cool. I told him that whomever is making these calls needs to be talked to. He said that he would. I also told him that there is a law that protects me and if it goes much further, I will have no choice but to call the PGC and get them involved. He said that he didn't think it would be nessesary.

Hey paul, is this you rubbing off on me or is it me rubbing off on you ?? Or did we just both step in it at the same time ?? :shock:  :?

Offline paul555

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2007, 12:15:01 AM »
Well, YEP, this is the place we went to shoot hogs!

Tonight, this fella was much nicer to us.   :twisted:

And...  drumroll....  Paula got her doe!

longhair

« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2007, 10:57:06 AM »
Congrats on getting your doe !!!!!! :D

longhair

« Reply #67 on: August 04, 2007, 12:08:07 AM »
Just to keep the blog going-------one thursday and one friday----that's 66 !!!!  :roll:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

longhair

« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2007, 11:40:37 PM »
Two more this evening-------68. 8)

longhair

« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2007, 10:46:51 PM »
One more tonight--69. the grass is almost too high to see them on this farm. Might have to move to another spot. Although I'm really getting the itch for yote hunting. :shock:

longhair

« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2007, 12:59:56 AM »
1 more for me and 2 for the man in blue. 8)

BP

« Reply #71 on: August 16, 2007, 11:51:36 AM »
I'm thinkin' one of you 2 varmint executioners ought to become the next District 6 officer. Anyone else thinkin' this?

longhair

« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2007, 05:30:01 PM »
BTW, I'm over 80 !!!!!! :shock:  I lost count !!!!!! :?