Author Topic: THE....."DECKARD"............  (Read 22746 times)

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
THE....."DECKARD"............
« on: January 14, 2017, 09:01:38 AM »
 :) :) :) :)    Come on people!   :( :( :( :(  Don't let "already made a place for it"...just walk off with it.... :P :P :P I know you people are screwing up  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[  your just not forthcoming  >:( >:( >:( I went hunting coyote/fox with my youngest Son last night, last time we did this was 22years ago....not a misprint.. :o :o..Anyway it started out on a high note....1st stand out of the truck headlamps on, my son says .."WOW"... we never had anything like this. Getting settled and a truck goes by down by the road and honks the horn  >:( Thank-You! DORK....I said it's probably "LookN4aFisher" trying to ruin my night.... :-\ :-\ anyway zip on this stand...#2 out of truck..on with the lamps  :o my lamp comes on half  :P :P then it starts to strobe  ::) ::) half....OMG.....Never had a malfunction all of archery season...going to the hut...My Son starts to laugh  >:( >:( "Calm Down Dad"  :P I don't want to "Calm Down".... :(... zip again.  #3 Trying to use the remote,hand light to scan and keep the firearm ready... :-[..can you say 68 feeling like 86  :-[ :-[ anyway on this stand we had a coyote check us out, no opportunity for a shot  :P spent a considerable time but Zip. It got us both fired up though... ;D ;D ;D.....#4 Started with DSG distress on the Foxpro..just a bit...then to Gray fox distress....Bingo...fox runs up to Greg's left side and he can't get a shot, circles below us and I get a crack at him when he runs across an opening....and I killed a large Rhododendron.  :o Can you now say "NIGHTMARE"  the only thing worse would have been if "LookN2ChimeIn" was there... :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ my SON flesh and blood ParBoiled me all on his own... :-[ :-[ :-[   #5 Start out with "Super Secret" sound I had Foxpro put in.....off to my left I hear something approaching ...it's on a collision course with Greg  ;D waiting for the shot  ??? ??? low whistle...I look.... everything behind me is black...Dad!....my light just went black......his gun light just shut off.....back to truck...new battery everything ok again.....he said it was working fine and just went black no warning... :P :P :P.............well we made 3 more stands and by then the "Old Coot" was completely wearing out so we called it. What a comedy of error's  ;D ;D but it didn't dampen our spirits  ;D ;D ...............that's my story and I'm sticking to it...LOL..... 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: THE....."DECKARD"............
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 09:45:57 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D LOL-LOL!! at least you got a story!  :o :o :o :o My oldest son headed back to Washington state yesterday, and with the Mid West Iced in I was concerned to say the least :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ But he's home in Pasco, Washington now with the family  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 09:47:21 AM by Pa Goosehntr »
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 12:19:36 PM »
Great story, jaspr. You had a great partner and made memories.
You get my vote, thus far.

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 12:47:26 PM »
That's a night you'll never forget.  Making memories is often better than everything else!!
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 08:15:06 AM »
I must say I enjoyed seeing your face of disgust when I beeped the horn.

Hern, anyone vying for "The Deckard" better come proper with a legit story.  Daddy's account of misfortune was comical at best but definitely not worthy of such a grand award.

What I cannot believe are the rookie mistakes made as a so called "Veteran" of the sport.  Here are some tips for you Dad!

1) Always, always carry three good batteries in your pocket.  One for the headlight and two for the shooting light.

2) Keep the gun light off until you are ready to ID and Shoot.  Also saves on Batteries.

3) You obviously missed because you were not using Ernie's Tri X shooting stand.

4) Rhododendron is a "species of concern".  Accidental shootings must be reported to the game commission immediately or you will force my hand.

5) 68?  There is no Mo@#$% Fu%^&* Way !!!!!!!!!  Enough said.

6) Goose doesn't really want to hunt.  He just wants to report on the weather from his recliner.  Stop asking him then you won't be disappointed!!

6) Glad to see you got to hunt with your son again.  Hopefully you can do it again soon.

PS:  If your flesh and blood can't make it out with you, give me a call.  I would like to go hunting with my step daddy sometime.  Especially at your spots.  It would save me from typing all of these tips and wasting time when I should be working.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 09:44:49 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Wah-Wah-Wah  ;D ;D ;D ;D it all came down to" I would like to go hunting with my step daddy sometime.  Especially at your spots."..... See the similarity from all sonny's posts  ::) ::) ::) ::)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2017, 11:23:36 AM »
 :) All I got out of that "Goose" was, he should be working!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  #5 unfortunately young man that is the truth  :P :P :P #1 I don't have room...I have nitro pills,hankerchiefs,gum,snacks,etc. #2 I'm always ready to shoot! That's why I have the light on,don't want to be in the dark like you. #3 Possibly #4 OK but I already ate the evidence #5 SEE ABOVE...enough said....#6 I am never disappointed in my teammate., he has my 6. #7 Because 6 doesn't come after 6 you mathematical genius.....the good son went back the next day with 2 of his finest Aussie tracking dogs to make sure I missed  :P as he was amazed such a thing could happen  ;)...he's going in the WILL for sure,your OUT,he's IN   ;D ;D PS: OK but do I need to ask Dotty first?????

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2017, 04:03:30 PM »
Lookn4adad
He's just going to take you out at night and tell you to hold a bag over the trail he points out to you to gard. He will tell you just to stay there until he runs the critters to you to catch in the bag. Just like he did when you were 4 years old.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2017, 06:29:07 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Iffin it was a trappin award, Hern would have it hands down  :o :o :o :o The pics he posted on HPA are fantastic to say the least...three pigs in one trap was the best!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Pics told the story so no write-up was needed.. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2017, 07:23:25 AM »
Your right again Buckwheat only this time I am a little more wise to his tricks.  I move to the side of the trail.  Everyone knows the critters don't run down the center. ;D ;D ;D

Daddy, You keep your headlight on all the time not your shooting light.  I thought they taught you that at the home.   :o :o :o

gOOSEpoop, I made a post now you can jump in.  Your welcome. ::) ::)
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2017, 08:53:35 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D " gOOSEpoop", you stepped in some huh?  ;D ;D ;D ;D
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2017, 11:37:09 AM »
Right on Queue.  You are as predictable as the weather thread. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2017, 12:47:30 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Watch out for the thunderstorm   :o :o :o :o :o :o When lighting strikes it's not nice!!  ??? ??? ??? ???
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2017, 07:49:00 PM »
 :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\          Do I have to ask Dotty or not? Answer the question and just try not to be such a smart a$$ all the time    :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2017, 08:16:54 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Well the Dynamic Duo (Fat boy and Skinny) will hit the woods tomorrow mornin  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) and the stories that will evolve will keep the Deckard close to the original source.  :P :P :P :P :P :P Stay tuned for the unbelievable cause we's gonna come up with a gooder one... :-X :-X :-X :-X
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member