Author Topic: 75 Lb Bluegill  (Read 28300 times)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
75 Lb Bluegill
« on: September 11, 2015, 07:38:22 PM »
 :o :o :o :o OK, Now that I have your attention...jaspr1 and I had breakfast this morning and we feel that a group breakfast is in order once again before the season gets into full swing  ??? ??? ??? ??? So the last one was at Yankee-Doodle a little south off I-81 and maybe this one could be a little farther north up Rt.11/15 :) :) :) Open to suggestions and dates, what works best for the gang?  ??? ??? ??? ???
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline coyotejohn

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
Re: 75 Lb Bluegill
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 08:16:29 PM »
Hey Goose why not a little more to the west, say on I-10 just outside of Tombstone?  I'll buy.
“Fate whispers to the warrior, ‘You cannot withstand the storm.’ And the warrior whispers back, ‘I am the storm’.’”

Offline Shurshot

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 06:16:26 AM »
Good Wills restaurant off of Rt 147 and Rt 45 outside of Montandon has a dining room off to the side of the main dining area. Looks like a nice place for a group. Just a thought, had breakfast there for the first time a few weeks ago when I was passing threw. Just my cent and a half.
The Best Is Yet To Come ! I'm telling you !

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 07:07:10 AM »
 >:( >:( >:( Hey what's this "WE" stuff  :P :P :P Your always thinking of your stomach  ::) and you don't care who you run over to fill it  ::) ::) Goose, ate a breakfast sandwich big enough for 2 people ,while I hardly had room for my tea and toast  :-[ :-[ It was suggested that we float a quasi regular breakfast around D4 and see who would show up  ;D ;D ;D the last breakfast was almost a total success except for Buckwheat stealing that little kids "Binkie". :P :P :P :P............ Oct.17 ?? ?????...........Goose is trying to lure Hern south that's fine  ;D next time I suggest that place Big Ben goes in Newville  ;D ;D anyplace BB goes has got to have good food  ::) ::)........ 8)

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 09:06:41 AM »
I'm all for it.  I had a great time on the last one.   Just pick a location and date.  Those who want to come will .
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2015, 09:39:57 AM »
 ??? ??? ??? OK jaspr1 come up with the name of the place....it used to be the Midway....but when you and I were there last spring it had changed names....BB chime in any time here, it's in your backyard...17 Oct is on the plate, anyone object speak now or give up another date  :o :o :o :o
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2015, 11:18:25 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D Newville restaurant is "Miseno's"

Sureshot...was it "Good Wil's" you were referring to?

CJ..dat be a drive for any of us!! I-10?? with shooter still on the loose we would hafta put gunners on our vehicles to return fire!! :o :o :o :o
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 11:28:36 AM by Pa Goosehntr »
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Shurshot

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2015, 02:45:49 PM »
Yes Pa Goosehunter that is "Good Wils" outside of Montandan . Might be out of the way for most. As far as the food it was pretty good and the plate was full.Good Wils had just opened a new restaurant along Rt 15 in Shamokin  Dam,was not in there yet.I would like to make a breakfast get together with you guys one of these days and a drive here in the central part of Pa is not far for me
The Best Is Yet To Come ! I'm telling you !

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2015, 04:18:07 PM »
 >:( >:( >:( >:( Oct 10 and 17 are not good for me but don't let that stop ya'll  :P :P :P :P that way there will be more fud for you!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2015, 05:37:38 PM »
"Good Wils" outside of Montandan . Might be out of the way for most.
Good Wils had just opened a new restaurant along Rt 15, Selinsgrove.

Stay outta my territory.

Montandon Good Wils, good food.
Selinsgrove Good Wils, opened recently and haven't hear a good word about it. Piss poor service, cold food, no second cup of coffee and so on...

Goose, busy time of year for me from Oct. to March. Don't think I'll make it.
Any breakfast plans in April?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 05:42:53 PM by Hern »

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2015, 07:48:47 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Hern we could do April 1st...aka April fools day  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) jaspr1 will show, and Ernesto too!! :P :P :P :P :P UB is also qualified to attend that one!! :o :o :o :o :o
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2015, 07:58:52 PM »
Heck, if you guys want breakfast I would cook it on my grill.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2015, 05:30:57 AM »
I like that idea, Buckwheat.

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2015, 05:32:24 AM »
Is your grill big enough for 75 pound Bluegill fillets and 10 pounds of potatoes?  ;D

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2015, 07:29:31 AM »
 ;D How about SEPT. 26 ??????;D  I think for this one, on short notice,we might just go back to the Yankee Doodle  ??? ??? I can go down and set it up  ;D ;D Then we can work on an after season breakfast in March like last year  ;D ;D I would go with Buckwheats "Grill" but it's untested  ::) ::) He probably doesn't carry the Tea I require and I'd hate to have to send my poached eggs back to the "Grill" till he gets them right.... >:( >:( >:( You know how he is  :P :P :P :P.............OK chime in here  ;) ;) If L$F is lurking here I will buy you breakfast "son" 1 time offer....and you can sit next to your "Hero" if he shows....and if he doesn't you can sit between me and Goose... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P........... 8)