Author Topic: 75 Lb Bluegill  (Read 28306 times)

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: 75 Lb Bluegill
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2015, 08:25:11 AM »
Who woke the old guy up?  Goose their aint no amount of beauty rest gonna help that mug! 8) 8) 8)  If the old guy is buying I am trying my damndest to be their.  I'm not letting him off the hook that easy.  The CEO don't allow him to carry the purse but once a year. :o :o :o :o

Heck I may even bring my whole family to watch this event.  They aint never gonna believe all those old bull headed coots can gather in one spot without a geriatric fist fight breaking out. ;D ;D ;D ;D 

"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2015, 08:45:32 AM »
Hern you could go up and help Dreamcatcher  run that booth
Joe and I talked already. He understands I have plans that weekend, plans a year in advance I can't change.

I know why UB isn't a member and his brother Tom also, it's not hard to figure out.   
I will credit Uncle Buck as being the most active, non-member on this board. ;D
I like Uncle Buck, by the way.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 09:04:39 AM by Hern »

Offline Bowman66

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
  • Work the bolt and give'em a jolt!
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2015, 09:44:06 AM »
Jasper I spoke with George last evening and have since posed the question of what direction the club wants to go with the event to the officers. Calling contest, Calling/Hunting demo, or just a booth at the show, those are the things George offered, he would really like to have us there one way or another.
Darin Hosier
Bee's O'Brien Game Call's
Pro Staff

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2015, 11:26:43 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I think they are gonna hafta put an extra jalapeno in my omelet :o :o :o :o for these discussions  ??? ??? ??? and no decaf for anybody...stay awake!! :o :o :o :o :o
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2015, 11:30:34 AM »
  Why BB (et al) is still a member I have no idea  ??? He put so much effort in for so little return  :( :( :( I apologize again Ben for not getting off my dead *** and supporting you more.  :-[ :-[ 

Im still a member because I like it.  I did the job without ever wanting anything in return.  those upset and are not still members are ,or were expecting something from their service.  yea it would be nice to get a pat on the back and a "good job" but it doesn't always work that way.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 11:31:47 AM by bigben »
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

uncle buck

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2015, 07:08:54 PM »
Of all the hunting in the world it's predator hunting that I love the best... I will always speak up at events for anyone that tries to change.  We either want to keep it where it is or improve it.. Hence why I visit here.. Someday i'm not going to be here... what a shame to take all of a person outdoor knowledge to your grave.

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2015, 09:09:31 PM »
Unclebuck
I just like seeing the stuff you post. It keeps everybody thinking. I think when you no longer are around to post you will be very much missed. I miss you just thinking about that time buddy. May god bless you that you live long and we enjoy you a long time.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

uncle buck

« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2015, 12:14:45 AM »
Thank You for the kind words Buckwheat...I appreciate it.  I have learned much from you... Just the proper way to take a shot when your ready to shoot from a Tripod is so valuable... My son uses your method to since I passed that down to him... I wish I had a dollar for every coyote I shot at prior to using free hand shooting... You just can't do that at night time.. You have to have something going for you and it's the tripod and two red lights... One for eyes and one on the rifle or scope to anchor them...

Some of my favorite times are sitting around a table and just listening to predator hunters talk of how they scored or how they failed...You learn so much if your humble enough to try what the other guy  is doing...

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2015, 06:58:28 AM »
 :) :) :) BW :) :) if you want the "FREE" seat, between me and Goose   ;) ;) you better plan on not "Lollygagling"  :P :P   Your STAR, shout out the answers, student  L$F  ::) plans on trying a sneak play  ??? and getting there first.     :P :P As usual he didn't read the posts thoroughly  >:( >:( I am going to do a drive by first  to see if he actually brings his "Perdix family"  :o :o I might be headed for Michigan earlier than I thought... :P :P :P............. :o

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2015, 07:11:12 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Boy this is shapin up,  gonna look like a bunch of buzzards jockeying for a chunk of a dead carcass :o :o :o :o :o  :P :P :P :P :P :P :P 75 lb bluegill may not be big enough  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2015, 03:37:55 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I can smell the bacon  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D............... 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2015, 08:15:19 PM »
 :( :( :( :( Nah, you are just down wind to the Gass and Blast practice session  :P :P :P :P :P
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

uncle buck

« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2015, 09:18:53 PM »
When those eggs and that Mexican sauce kick in at the breakfast.. there is going to be GASSSSSSSS upwind downwind and all around the town!.  Mercy!

uncle buck

« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2015, 09:22:36 PM »
If you should attend might be nice if you all shared something you noticed when calling or fishing...Predator Hunter Show And Tell.  Just like your kids did in school and what we did in NEPA after Christmas with a toy we got... Ha.. I took a  50 Cal Machine Gun on a tripod that Did the old MATEL BURP BURP BURP... Could you see a kid walking up to the school yard with a 50 Cal machine gun on a tripod... You know what?  People and teacher and principle said NOTHING!!!!   The kids loved it!!!!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2015, 10:43:13 AM »
 ;) ;) ;) jaspr1 did you get a count on how many might show, ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? that is other than half of Perdix  :P :P :P :P
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member