Author Topic: 75 Lb Bluegill  (Read 28307 times)

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: 75 Lb Bluegill
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2015, 08:42:33 AM »
September 26 might b better than an October date.  Archery season starts in October. Ha lot of guy will probably be out archery hunting......  Unless it's at 4 am !!
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2015, 07:31:40 PM »
 ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) 26th is good for me and Yankee-Doodle is just fine also  ;D ;D ;D ;D
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2015, 08:47:19 PM »
Jasper1
It's a little early for me to say yes but I believe I would try to make it on the 26th. Jasper my poached eggs come straight from Walmart pre cooked in China already tested for the Americans average taste. As far as the tea you could bring your own tea bag. However doing the 10 pounds of potatoes might have put me over the edge. The most I ever cooked before was 9 and a half pounds of potatoes with a 71lb guppy. So Hern I probably couldn't have cooked the 75lb bluegill.
You know what, I could set between you and goose and you could buy me breakfast.
Lookn4fur will be so busy sucking up to his hero (AKA unclebuck) and trying to go hunting with him that he won't notice you bought me breakfast. ;D
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 08:48:21 PM by Buckwheat »
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2015, 06:27:18 AM »
Heck, if you guys want breakfast I would cook it on my grill.
You know what, I could set between you and goose and you could buy me breakfast
  :o :o :o :o WOW  :o :o :o :o you jumped off that "Grill" idea faster than a coyote can leave the scene.. ::) ::) ::).................You might be able to pawn Wal-Mart eggs off on the "Garbage can of C-burg.  ::) ::) but my palate is much more refined than that  :P :P I think the water temp. for my tea would have been a problem and I'm sure you would burn the toast  :P :P :P So.... ;) ;) OK,since you beat your STAR pupil to the punch  ::) I will buy you breakfast instead and his offer is now rescinded  :( :( :( 
It's a little early for me to say yes but I believe I would try to make it on the 26th
  I'll bet your calendar just came open  ;) with the mention of "Free"... ;D ;D ;D ;D.... hopefully we can get "UB" and Tom to attend again  ;D If you can make it come on down.......Sept.26.....7:45am......address is Yankee Doodle  Restaurant,860 North Front Street, Wormleysburg,Pa. 17043 ..................... 8) PS: I'm going to try and talk UB into offering a fully inclusive hunt with him, as the door prize  ;D ;D ;D You know he provides,guns,lights,batteries,snacks,etc..and carries your coyote back to the safari bus  ;D ;D

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2015, 12:43:12 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D I believe a film crew would be required  8) 8) 8) 8) not sure either one of them can hit anything  :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2015, 02:18:52 PM »
I'll be at raystown that weekend catching hand sized bluegill.  Can't count on a 75lbr that day. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

uncle buck

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2015, 12:59:42 AM »
Ernie at least you know how to get to the Yankee Doodle now... I received the email from my brother today about your  26th event... I might try to make it myself..I'd never be able to make the Oct date that's for sure.. I'll be hunting for deer and turkeys with my CB then..

uncle buck

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2015, 01:10:26 AM »
As always there are some valuable things discussed there. There is a neat program that both PAGOOSEHUNTER and myself know about...Let me ask you all now? Who are the Vets and who worked for the DOD?  Just some things you can do as a club and really get the people to join PPHA.. Anyone going to the event familiar with the Shenandoah Valley area of Virginia...People attending the event are really closer than you think to a sportsperson paradise... For me from Camp Hill...it's  191 miles away.. It's also away to get some things you would order from Ernest hand carried right to.. Weeks before the hunt...Of course we don't want to force Ernie on coming to an event just to deliver us some goods.. I know I might like that new rifle web he was talking about that replaces that web holder on his rest  and maybe one of the light holders that affixes to the scope..maybe even that shotgun light holder that fits to the barrel. 

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2015, 03:25:04 PM »
 ;D Went to the Yankee Doodle  ;D had a breakfast sandwich and made reservations for Sept.26 at 7:15 am  ;D  Be there or be square like the "GOOSE"  :P wait belay that  ::) ::) he's sorta round  :o :o :o....... 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2015, 03:56:08 PM »
 :( :( :( :( 7:15?? are you nutz  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D are you going to be holding a coffee to give me as soon as I pull in the parking lot??  :-\ :-\ :-\ You know I need my beauty rest  ::) ::) ::) ::) I'll be there!! :o :o :o :o
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2015, 05:35:27 PM »
One day I will make it.
On the 26th, I will be manning a table for the PPHA in Gilbert, Pa
NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2015, 06:18:21 PM »
Dreamcatcher says-
On the 26th, I will be manning a table for the PPHA in Gilbert, Pa
Joe, thanks for you help. I hope a few members of the breakfast club come up and help you.

Uncle Buck states-
Just some things you can do as a club and really get the people to join PPHA..
Uncle Buck, are you a member of the PPHA? If no, Why not?
How about joining our organization?

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2015, 07:21:13 PM »
Hmmm  Now that's a great question Hern
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2015, 11:31:39 PM »
Only one of the founders
NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2015, 07:36:14 AM »
 ;D ;D Hern you could go up and help Dreamcatcher  run that booth,hands down,no worries  ;D ;D These birds in the breakfast club are mostly "slackers" and "has beens" anyway  :o :o Personally, I was hoping to get a discussion going at breakfast, along with my friend George Mcentee,, about a coyote calling contest at next years East Waterford Show. Who knew or shared that at this years East Waterford Show that the Saturday line-up was a coyote trapping demo at 9 a fox demo at 10 and TOM PURVIS coyote calling demo at 11. I am not a founder of this org. but I am a pretty good observer  ;) I noticed over the years how this goes if someone has an idea and others aren't in favor. Why BB (et al) is still a member I have no idea  ??? He put so much effort in for so little return  :( :( :( I apologize again Ben for not getting off my dead *** and supporting you more.  :-[ :-[   I am going to  breakfast at the Yankee Doodle on Sat the 26th and I'm not going to kiss anybodies *** to be there, it's not a sanctioned event, it's a bunch of like minded individuals getting together for a good time,period!   :P :P I know why UB isn't a member and his brother Tom also, it's not hard to figure out. >:( >:( I hope they both come  ;D I hope everybody that can make it comes  :) :)..........when I'm done eating my eggs I am promptly leaving for the Upper Peninsula of Mich., and the Sun will still shine I hope......... 8)