Author Topic: Gun Mounted Lights  (Read 19649 times)

tom p

Gun Mounted Lights
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2007, 12:38:42 PM »
guys im looking into selling nitelight products along with my fishing tackle im going to be giving special price for club members.  in the next couple of weeks i should have a price list.  im hoping to take orders 4 lights & be able to deliver light at the picnic   ill be posting the prices here on the site. im hoping that ill be able 2 match nite light catalog price or a little cheaper with no shipping added on to the price.

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
Gun Mounted Lights
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2007, 01:06:32 PM »
I have the Optronics GL-100, which is good to a 100 yards. I like it and have had good dealings with the company.
NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Gun Mounted Lights
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2007, 09:23:14 PM »
here's the link to the guy that was at the RA show last year... he did PPHA members well on his prices...

http://www.blosehollow.com/

he handles all the NiteLite line up... Western Rivers also...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

BP

Gun Mounted Lights
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2007, 02:11:52 AM »
Is he a PPHA member like Tom P, above? 8)

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Gun Mounted Lights
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2007, 10:19:54 AM »
not sure but he takes care of us...

BP

Gun Mounted Lights
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2007, 02:25:38 PM »
Quote from: "tom p"
guys im looking into selling nitelight products...im hoping to take orders 4 lights & be able to deliver light at the picnic.

How is this project coming? I need to get things in order before the season is upon us.

Offline gdragon

• Junior Forum Member
Gun Mounted Lights
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2007, 03:59:22 PM »
Huntsmart.com offers a 5% discount to new customers.

Also the discount gets better as people order more stuff. I'm about half way to the 10%discount if anybody wants to get in on it.

---------------------------------------------------------------
This is a copy of the email you should receive:

Hi! I just joined a HuntSmart.com Buyer's Club for hunting and outdoor products. I saved 5% on my first order and thought you maybe interested in this?

This is basically how it works. After you join a HuntSmart.com Buyer's Club you will receive a 5% discount on your initial order. Then you can invite anyone you know to join our Buyer's Club. The more people we can get to join and buy, the more money we can save on our hunting supplies. If we all get a few people to join, it should not take long before we are getting the maximum 15% discount.

The name of my buyers club is joshmill@ptd.net Click on the link below and go to the "Join An Existing Buyers Club" section. Then enter joshmillATptdDOTnet in the white box and click continue. It is really that easy.

Thanks!

Click here to Join!

Offline Duffman

• Senior Forum Member
    • DuffMan's Myspace
Gun Mounted Lights
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2007, 06:50:47 AM »
There are a few good lights out there, but Lightforce has them beat by a mile.
:":"DuffMan":":

"Lead, follow, or get out of the way."-Thomas Paine

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Gun Mounted Lights
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2007, 09:14:29 AM »
Quote from: "Duffman"
There are a few good lights out there, but Lightforce has them beat by a mile.

beat as far as what?...

they're over priced, to big, eat up batteries to quickly, to bright... no way can those over sized,  bulky, over priced things even begin to compare to the versatility, convenience and economy of the Nitelite systems...

we hunt ALL night long with one battery that fits in a coat pocket running both the head and the gun light...

BP

Gun Mounted Lights
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2007, 10:35:35 AM »
I agree with you Dale.  I think after everyone mortgages a Liteforce they feel like they've bought membership into an elite club. I've been reading for years all the problems and fixes for them.  Someone sends them repair parts from Home Depot to "fix" design problems and the next thing you know, the "Liteforce" member is bragging up great customer service! Buy a Nitelight and spend your time hunting.

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Gun Mounted Lights
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2007, 12:26:27 PM »
I am not going to say that they are not nice lights but I do feel that they are excessive.  you could build one cheaper then ever buying one.  but the 6 volt lanterns are all I have ever needed.  I have never needed any more light power.  I guess if you had to shoot 200 yds and make it look like daylight then ya they are great but what fun is that.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline paul555

• Seasoned Forum Member
Gun Mounted Lights
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2007, 05:46:45 PM »
Quote from: "Dale"
they're over priced, to big, eat up batteries to quickly, to bright... no way can those over sized,  bulky, over priced things even begin to compare to the versatility, convenience and economy of the Nitelite systems...

I have both a Lightforce and a Nitelite, and I love both.  Either will last all night long, both are tough to carry if carrying in your hand, but both have a way to carry on your belt or shoulder.  Both have a rheostat to adjust brightness.  Nitelite costs less.  Lightforce is brighter if you need light at a farther distance, or for lighting up an area after a shot, looking for blood.

Personally I prefer my Nitelight when hunting with a shotgun, as I can hold the light and gun comfortably at the same time.  I prefer the Lightforce for rifle hunting (as my hand-held light) and for looking for animals or blood after a shot.  Lightforce is also good for spotting deer.

In my opinion (everyone has their own opinion), both lights serve me well.

Offline Duffman

• Senior Forum Member
    • DuffMan's Myspace
Gun Mounted Lights
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2007, 05:48:44 PM »

they're over priced, to big, eat up batteries to quickly, to bright... no way can those over sized, bulky, over priced things even begin to compare to the versatility, convenience and economy of the Nitelite systems...

we hunt ALL night long with one battery that fits in a coat pocket running both the head and the gun light...

They may be overpriced but very well worth the price. Ahh,tthey aren't that bright. When you have at full blast yes they can be a bit bright. But I usually keep it low to medium when scanning. You do know they have a dimmer switch right? And the battery will last me all evening.

I'm not saying Nitlite systems arent good lights, they are excellent lights. And am thinking of buying one to put on my gun. But I chose to go with Lightforce first. And you chose Nitelite. You do your thing, I'll do mine. :)

Offline paul555

• Seasoned Forum Member
Gun Mounted Lights
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2007, 05:50:14 PM »
Quote from: "BP"
I think after everyone mortgages a Liteforce they feel like they've bought membership into an elite club.

I think the same could be said for NiteLite, FoxPro, your favorite rifle, your favorite shotgun, etc, etc.

Quote from: "BP"
Buy a Nitelight and spend your time hunting.

See what I mean.   :wink:

If we didn't like the products we personally use, we wouldn't be using them.  So everyone chimes in with their favorites when someone else asks, and then the person asking can make an informed choice.

Offline Duffman

• Senior Forum Member
    • DuffMan's Myspace
Gun Mounted Lights
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2007, 05:58:54 PM »
Quote from: "Duffman"

they're over priced, to big, eat up batteries to quickly, to bright... no way can those over sized, bulky, over priced things even begin to compare to the versatility, convenience and economy of the Nitelite systems...

They may be overpriced but very well worth the price. Ahh,tthey aren't that bright. When you have at full blast yes they can be a bit bright. But I usually keep it low to medium when scanning. You do know they have a dimmer switch right? And the battery will last me all evening.

I'm not saying Nitlite systems arent good lights, they are excellent lights. And am thinking of buying one to put on my gun. But I chose to go with Lightforce first. And you chose Nitelite. You do your thing, I'll do mine. :)

I guess if you had to shoot 200 yds and make it look like daylight then ya they are great but what fun is that.

dang, thats a good ways off for night hunting. You ought to see that sucker when its at full blast with the red lense off. Then its like daylight. But with the red lense on it cuts down on the brightness a bit and like I said, I'm only using probably 100,000 CP power when scanning when I can go up to 530,000CP. I have picked up eyes well over 125 yds when at  low power. I guess if you wanted to shoot out farther than that, then you might need it on medium. But hey what fun is that? :)  

I mean if I was using a NiteLite that'd have to be within 40 yds to pick up the eyes. 8)

Just joking with ya. You guys are alright. :)