Author Topic: Gun Mounted Lights  (Read 19652 times)

BP

Gun Mounted Lights
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2007, 06:00:56 PM »
Quote from: "Duffman"

They may be overpriced but very well worth the price.

:roll:

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Gun Mounted Lights
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2007, 06:12:06 PM »
I tell ya duff both the nitelite and my 6 volt latern will reach to 400 yds easy.  come on up and I will show ya.  I have hunted with the light force with john1951 on huntingpa.  and for the money I am not impressed.  I now how much it takes to make one of your own.  and yes paul it is like anyone that has a foxpro or a new rifle.  everyone has their own place where there loyalty lies.  it is like the old chevy vs. ford debate (chevy is better LOL)  but just like we defend our nitelites you guys will defend your light forces.  it's just when I can spend 75.00 on a light I can spend the other 150.00 on a rifle.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Duffman

• Senior Forum Member
    • DuffMan's Myspace
Gun Mounted Lights
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2007, 06:43:13 PM »
I never said a Nitelite wouldn't reach out that far. I know many guys including you that love these lites and I have nothing aginst them. But I have a Lightforce and thats what I'm using for the time being until it goes bad in about three or four decades. :D J/k

They may be overpriced but very well worth the price.

:roll:

I'm not bragging or anything... :lol:  :D

I love joking with you guys. Don't take me serious if I say somthing that you might think I'm an ass. I just like messin with ya. :)

I agree with ya ben, the chevy has a ford beat. 8)
:":"DuffMan":":

"Lead, follow, or get out of the way."-Thomas Paine

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Gun Mounted Lights
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2007, 06:59:06 PM »
I am not trying to be a jerk but I think what the rolleyes for was you say they are overpriced but they are well worth it.  if it was overpriced then you think you should have not paid as much for the quality you recieved.  atleast that is what I get when you say something is overpriced.  JMO.

"I mean if I was using a NiteLite that'd have to be within 40 yds to pick up the eyes."  
and this quote tells me that you think that they need to be 40 yds to pick up eyes and that is why I said about being able to reach out 400 yds.  

I think that it is great to have a healthy disscussion on a topic.  it gives people both sides of the argument.  

read my posts as if we are discussing something not argueing.  I never get too worked up over this stuff.  normally I just turn the computer off and have a beer.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline madcatter

• Junior Forum Member
Gun Mounted Lights
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2007, 07:02:41 PM »
i have a western rivers "the knight"
its 21 volt with a rheostat,hi/lo setting and the handheld light is pretty bright,i have seen eyes past 200 yards but i can't really tell what the eyes are on.i have taken the headlamp and made a holder from a old bi-pod that now mounts onto the sling screw.it is very capable of eyes to about 125 yards.the hand held doesnt eat the 1.3lb battery up uuntil about 3 hours of pretty much steady on use.i think i paid around 300,and i dont think for myself i will ever purchase another light.the bulbs (the good ones)are a 35watt 12 volt and are about 5.50 each,it also has a slow-burn fuse to protect the bulb.it also has a small blue walking light that can stay on for weeks it seems

Offline Duffman

• Senior Forum Member
    • DuffMan's Myspace
Gun Mounted Lights
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2007, 07:03:11 PM »
"I mean if I was using a NiteLite that'd have to be within 40 yds to pick up the eyes."
and this quote tells me that you think that they need to be 40 yds to pick up eyes and that is why I said about being able to reach out 400 yds.

I was just joking around with ya Ben. I know they will reach out much beyond that distance.

if it was overpriced then you think you should have not paid as much for the quality you recieved. atleast that is what I get when you say something is overpriced

I was just saying that people say they are over priced. And yes, I do agree they are a bit more expensive than other brands, but the quality is worth every penny. The way you guys talk about Nitelites, I'd say they are worth every penny and more for what you pay for them. I haven't had experience with these lights though.
:":"DuffMan":":

"Lead, follow, or get out of the way."-Thomas Paine

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Gun Mounted Lights
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2007, 07:04:04 PM »
yeah i know

longhair

Gun Mounted Lights
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2007, 07:31:14 PM »
Timely disscussion !!!!!! I was thinking of ordering a lightforce unit.

Duff~ don't worry about offending someone on here. They're a tough bunch !!!!!! :lol:  :lol:

Best thing about a ford------they fit in the crusher better than any of the others. 8)

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Gun Mounted Lights
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2007, 07:34:20 PM »
F ix O r R epair D aily

longhair

Gun Mounted Lights
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2007, 08:13:16 PM »
F ound O n the R oad D ead!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Offline archerobx

• PPHA Forum GURU
Gun Mounted Lights
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2007, 08:18:26 PM »
First On Race Day

Offline paul555

• Seasoned Forum Member
Gun Mounted Lights
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2007, 10:28:05 PM »
Quote from: "bigben"
(chevy is better LOL)

At least there's no debate about that.   :mrgreen:

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Gun Mounted Lights
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2007, 05:39:10 AM »
:?: I'm surprised someone hasn't mentioned one of the rice burners :?:
heck fire why don't we pull out one of them thar spot lights that they use when a new store opens...we could blind them to death :shock:

Might we be gettin a little off topic :idea:
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

longhair

Gun Mounted Lights
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2007, 01:15:55 PM »
Might we be gettin a little off topic :idea:[/quote]
 AHHHHHH ,ca'mon goose!!!!!!!!!!! :?

longhair

Gun Mounted Lights
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2007, 01:19:26 PM »
On the other hand, how's about mak'in a spotlight out of one of those blue/white headlights that blind your azz on the new cars. The ones that seem to burn a hole right threw ya !!!!! :roll: