Author Topic: Gun Mounted Lights  (Read 19629 times)

longhair

Gun Mounted Lights
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2007, 01:28:23 PM »
OOOOOOOOHHHH, I just remembered that I have a spotlight that was made for my dad years ago. 13 volt , airplane landing light !! :shock:  Two things with this one, 1 this sucker REALLY got hot and 2, if you used it for any lengh of time, it would KILL the battery in your car !!!!! But it sure was bright !!!!!!!!!! :wink:

Offline coyotelord

• Junior Forum Member
Gun Mounted Lights
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2007, 01:32:16 AM »
Well I have my first gripe with my new nitelite wizard that I just bought.  I went to put on the red lense filter and it cracked right up the middle while I was putting it on.  Now I have to pay another 3 bucks plus shipping for a new one which odds are is gonna break on me, too.

Is there some magic way to put these things on or was it just a defective one?

BP

Gun Mounted Lights
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2007, 07:25:07 AM »
That lens cap doesn't like to be pushed on real hard. They work just as well cracked though. Wrap some electrical tape around the outside to prevent sideways broadcast light.

longhair

Gun Mounted Lights
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2007, 12:55:03 PM »
Well, I bit the bullet and bought one of those "light force"  lights. Quality--yep. Pricey---yep !!!! Happy with what I got----not totally. The "walkabout kit" doesn't come with a 110 charger. The charger that comes with the kit is for a 12 volt sorce(car cig lighter). Everyother thing that I have bought that needs a charger came with the item and is included. Called light force and complained and got me nowhere excapt that they could sell me a 110 charger for 50.00. The conversation didn't end on a happy note !!!!! :evil:

I found the very same charger that they wanted 50.00 for at wally world for 18.44 !!!!!! Just thought I'd pass this along.

Offline RickLF

Gun Mounted Lights
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2008, 11:33:05 AM »
The wall charger from Lightforce /Tufflights.com, shuts off and says so on the Package.......they can be left on the battery for the entire year and it is ready when you are....

The chargers for $18.44 from Wal-mart,k-mart do not, and can ruin your Battery in a few short weeks by over charging them and bloating the battery....

If you use the $18.44 chargers and use them off and on, they will work fine as long as there below 1.5 Amp charge rate, any higher rate above the 1.5 will shorten the life of your battery.......

But in the end its Your Choice............Good Hunting

Rick....
Your South Florida LightForce Dealer At:

www.tufflights.com

www.toughlights.com

E-Mail: Rick@tufflights.com