Author Topic: Kill Light  (Read 8993 times)

Offline war_nrg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
Kill Light
« on: October 05, 2010, 08:15:56 PM »
Greetings,
FYI
I purchased both the 100 and the 250 at the expo, no problems with the 250 but the 100 was "flickering" on me.  Made sure all the externals were tight, still flickered.  Took the back cap off cause it appeared to be in the push button switch, sure enough it was.  If your having the same problem, take the back cap off, there is a metal "ring" around the spring in the cap with 2 indents in it, take a pair of scissors, using the points of the scissor tighten that ring.  Mine was loose, once tightened, it cured the problem.
Cheers,
Cheers,
Bill

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Kill Light
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 08:27:39 PM »
Thanks for the info. I'm trying to order two as we speak. What is the name on the manufacture.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 08:29:14 PM by muttbuster »
President PPHA

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 08:51:34 PM »
muttbuster

Contact - Jeremiah

Link
http://boondock-outdoors.com/
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 09:41:13 PM »
BW, I already talked to Jeremiah. I just can't remember who makes the light. What does you'rs have printed on the side?
President PPHA

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 09:51:20 PM »
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 10:49:34 PM »
Thanks BW
President PPHA

Offline kyle21

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 02:22:55 AM »
hey guys ive been lookin for a new light and have been reading alot about these they seem to have some mixed reviews i was just wondering how you guys like them. i have the primos 250yd light now and im kinda gettin tired of luggin 20lbs of batteries with me and fooling with wires...how would you guys say the kill compairs to the primos yardage wise picking up eyes and IDing

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 09:05:04 AM »
IMO there is no comparison.  The Kill light is the way to go especially because there is no wire and heavy batteries.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

uncle buck

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2010, 05:03:53 PM »
hey guys Ive been lookin for a new light and have been reading alot about these they seem to have some mixed reviews i was just wondering how you guys like them. i have the primos 250yd light now and im kinda gettin tired of luggin 20lbs of batteries with me and fooling with wires...how would you guys say the kill compairs to the primos yardage wise picking up eyes and IDing

First I would like to say something about the Primos 250 light...It's not to hard to disconnect the wires when you get back to your vehicle so it's a bit of a pain but not real bad..It will not light up a predator at 250 yards...So when you do use it you better make sure you know it's a fox and or coyote..  I do like it because all of the predator could not see me behind the Primos 250 light..They just kept coming in.. Maybe to much coming in.. LOL LOL

However the Kill 250.... is light in weight and you can still hide behind the red beam.  Also the Primos light near cost as much as the Kill Lights??????
Remember the more weight you do have out there...All of that fights and hinders you in your shooting.. This KILL Light 250 is going to work out so nice from the proper shooting rest...

Offline kyle21

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2010, 02:28:20 PM »
ill be ordering my kill light from jeremiah tonight thanks guys

Offline foxkillerz

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2010, 08:30:03 AM »
has anyone had a problem with the car charger plug being to big for the charger?

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2010, 08:45:47 AM »
Yes, I think thats why they are no longer included,
I found a different plug that does fit, It also has a 12v output

uncle buck

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2010, 01:35:32 PM »
Yes, I think that's why they are no longer included,
I found a different plug that does fit, It also has a 12v output

Now a person does have to watch what kind of plug they do use, right?  Some plugs are for charging while others are for playing devices?  I made sure when I purchased a plug to play my FX5 from Radio Shack a 12 volt battery that it was the type that played devices and was not totally for charging devices?????????  Over the years I have inherited so many types of charging and play back cigarette plugs that I now keep each in a ziplock storage bag marked just what they belong too.. I even have them for vacuum cleaners, flash lights etc..Stereo and CD players etc etc etc..

What a shame it would be to cook a near $700.00 Foxpro FX5 because one used the wrong kind of cigarette plug..

Like wise on the add on speaker for the FP products.. Funny...I wanted to know the rating on a Johnny Stewart  speaker so I could use it on the FP.  I did go to Hunter Specialties and ask just what the JS speaker rating was? I did not tell them why I wanted to know.  I never did get a response back from them... But I did see the rating on the Lohman CD speaker and it was acceptable for use with the FP FX5 caller and it does work fine.. So yep even adding too big of a  speaker can wreck and expensive caller.. 

Sometimes I need to pick one of the electrician brains on here  when I'm having lunch with them.  The rating for FP is 4 or less I think? 4 or less what???? LOL  Also Jacks...What does one look for on the jack to know if and what it will work for all the kinds of devices one has>  thank God that JS products say as big as day  JS on the back or FP on the back..

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2010, 03:57:11 PM »
I use my preymaster speaker on my fx5 UB.  next time send an email to steve dillon and see if it is compatible.  I am willing to bet that he would have the answer for ya.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

uncle buck

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2010, 05:30:34 PM »
Ben I'm sure Joe and or Steve or even Mike would have responded... See I went to Hunter Specialties which is a competitor.  But your right since that time I have used the Preymaster speaker for my FX5 also..One reason people should hold on to their other callers.. even my FP model 38 accepts both of these speaker.. The Preymaster and the Lohman...

Funny about the cheap Lohman CD box caller... You never knew when you walked down wind of it if it was going to play correctly..Sometimes you had to walk all the way back to it and click it on and off again to see if it would work.. In the mean time you busted yourself...