Author Topic: Kill Light  (Read 9003 times)

Offline foxkillerz

Re: Kill Light
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2010, 07:09:36 PM »
Just to let anyone know that got the light off of Jerimiah he is getting me the right one for me. So if they are wrong get ahold of him to get the right one.

Offline kyle21

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2010, 10:57:47 AM »
any one know if there is a differant scope mount i can buy or a way i can jimmy rig one up my kill light doesnt clear the end of my scope it needs to be mounted higher.....and id rather not mount it on my barrel if at all possible

uncle buck

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2010, 12:10:17 PM »
You can turn the Kill Light mount to the side of the scope.. It doesn't have to be on the top.  just make sure you place it on the side based on how you shoot... LH or RH so it's doesn't cause conflict on how you hold or carry your firearm.

I have an clamp that came with a Mossberg shotgun combo.. Make sure when you buy a combo shotgun and there is a clamp for shipping keep it because it makes an excellent light holder on scopes...It don't look nice but it works nice.. Holds the scope light real high.. However I would think with the Kill Light mounts, just mount it on the side of the scope instead of straight up and down ..It still going to light up the predator..

The two mounts that come with the XLR 250...Which ones do you all prefer for the scope? The one that comes with the dove tails on it.. Would you mount that on the scope or on the light? A's you know you could add extra gear to this particular light holder...Maybe a white light or a Kill Light 100, maybe two XLR 250's, or where legal a laser..
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 12:17:42 PM by uncle buck »

Offline longhair

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2010, 10:09:54 PM »
any one know if there is a differant scope mount i can buy or a way i can jimmy rig one up my kill light doesnt clear the end of my scope it needs to be mounted higher.....and id rather not mount it on my barrel if at all possible

For mounting a kill light on a Mueller 4x16x50,I used the supplied mount that came with the kill light and then took two weaver all steel top mount bases.(#48234). Mated them back to back with bolts nuts and lock washers. A few drops of lock tight and some epoxy. For the scope I used simmons 1"matte high rings(#49172). I got between 1/4 and 3/8 clearance between the bell of the light and the bell of the scope. And this set up is removable too. I can use the same light on other guns also. I'm gonna use burris mounts for the scope and there shoud be enough room for both at the forward position.

Note~you can also weld the bases together. Bevel the edges and tig weld them. (didn't have a tig welder)

A halo shield might be needed but I see what it looks like after it's put together
Whatado !!!!
District 6
"When the queen is happy, There's peace in the kingdom."

Offline 221 Fireball

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2010, 08:45:51 PM »
Something to check out if new scope rings could be an option. Burris makes a ring called Xtreme tactical rings, they go onto a Weaver type base, have six top screws to tighten down top half of ring they are pretty long in constructio. Lot of surface are to contact scope. I had put a set on a Turkey gun used for blockshoots. With standard Weaver rings I had trouble holding zero the new rings fit that. They come in all different heights, 1" or 30 mm. The nice feature is, you can buy a new top ring half that has a Weaver base built right on it. You would just about have the same surface as your standard base 2 piece base just about an inch long. Pro's Your scope should never come loose if used on a shotgun, With the base built right on the top ring half you can mount to the ring base and not on your scope tube. Con's they are little bulky, compared to alot of other rings. The weight is not bad to the aluminum construction. They are alittle more pricey. You could get 50 or 60 bucks just in rings and new top half depending which gun shop you deal with. I have 3 sets of these rings 1 on my 221 for night hunting, one on a 700 varmt 223 and a set for a Rem. 870.

Offline 221 Fireball

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2010, 09:13:39 PM »
I guess I should've looked through the forum before I made last post. On gear bag pg. 2 of 17 Rem scope. ZDF has the Midway site and product # for the very Burris product I just described. Sorry for post.