Author Topic: Sharing your knowledge  (Read 14371 times)

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Sharing your knowledge
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2010, 04:56:47 PM »
FURBUG, there have always been groundhog hunts, fishing excursions, picnics, crow hunts, predator hunts and other events held by the PPHA and its members.  I for one am trying to put together a camping/four wheeler weekend as we speak.  District two is having a fishing/picnic/camping weekend coming up.  The organization has offered more prizes and guns last fall and this year than ever in the history of the association and you still can't get people to participate.  I am probably going to have to cancel my event because not one person could contact me as requested to say they would attend.  I had two people decline.  How about you stepping up and helping out at the expo.  We need help getting vendors and donations as well as a few other areas and certainly would appreciate your expertise.  We need more indians, already have enough chiefs.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2010, 05:49:50 AM »
Ben, I did all but one on the list...LOL...but who gives a crap?
We need to beef up thishere message board...LOL... and sit on our butts and provide information.
See you message board guru's at the Expo.
This is a request for Expo help. Contact your district officer or state officers.

Offline furbug

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2010, 10:05:49 AM »
FURBUG, there have always been groundhog hunts, fishing excursions, picnics, crow hunts, predator hunts and other events held by the PPHA and its members.  I for one am trying to put together a camping/four wheeler weekend as we speak. district two is having a fishing/picnic/camping weekend coming up.  The organization has offered more prizes and guns last fall and this year than ever in the history of the association and you still can't get people to participate.  I am probably going to have to cancel my event because not one person could contact me as requested to say they would attend.  I had two people decline.  How about you stepping up and helping out at the expo.  We need help getting vendors and donations as well as a few other areas and certainly would appreciate your expertise.  We need more indians, already have enough chiefs.

The chiefs do not believe in change it is why the indians run off. Same way of operation year after year. District reps. could be enrolling more members if they had a schedule of this years hunts, etc. Which nobody ever knows the date till about 2 weeks before etc. They could be at gun shows, county fairs etc. Give them there decals, ask predatorxtreme for some spare copies so the rep can give them to hunters who join on the spot. The club offers nothing to a new hunter signing up on the spot. Except for the same speech, we got predator hunters this or that. Most don't care about the past they look at the future. Sorta what the PPHA should be doing. There is no reason event dates should not be written in stone, the first of every year. A district rep. has little to offer when it comes to enrolling new indians. Since this is the suggestion topic, and you ask for some expertise i thought i would try to help. And as a side note, your not going to get much help with events that are 5 hour drives for members 90%
of the time. The districts are to large they need to be smaller so the members can be closer and be a tighter knit group.
You want indians, think change. What is working to enroll members, what isn't.
Also reps. have to run events through a process slower than Harrisburg, and the club check book is stored behind two vault doors, gaining money, but growing mold, as it is opened very little to spend any.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 10:07:01 AM by furbug »

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2010, 11:24:50 AM »
Hey! maybe we should split the association in two, maybe an east and west branch.
maybe north and south too
Maybe instead of 6 districts, we could have 12 or even 24.
2 pres
2 vp
2sec
2treasurers
12 district reps
even separate expos
separate accounts

Furbug, you're in the southwest, you want to start a branch?

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2010, 11:26:18 AM »
Mods, feel free to delete my post as it is off topic in the "sharing your knowledge" thread
Sorry for the extra work

Offline furbug

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2010, 12:04:53 PM »
Hey! maybe we should split the association in two, maybe an east and west branch.
maybe north and south too
Maybe instead of 6 districts, we could have 12 or even 24.
2 pres
2 vp
2sec
2treasurers
12 district reps
even separate expos
separate accounts

Furbug, you're in the southwest, you want to start a branch?

I can say not at the moment Bob, I have been busy tutoring all the indians you signed up last year. Can you give me a answer how many that was? Your not bashfull, and your honest from what i know. Would having some ammo to enroll more fur hunters at events, make you want to go out and enroll hunters at places in your area just a little more?
This is on topic, more active members will mean more posting on this board.
The posts have picked up in the last week, the prior 3 weeks no board was needed, and the club could have went under as far as what new members may have thought.
How many districts does the PTA have?
There small tight knit and don't even need a website. Because decisions can be made at a local level not at just a state level.
And how long does it take to get answers on a PTA event, in a district,there Association is ran properly.
Some of these answers may help the PPHA, change what is needed. But is change wanted? Is the question, last year was not a good year more member were lost than gained, and this year is being a duplicate so far. Yes there are workers in this association, but there needs to be some changes to make hunters get involved in events. They stay involved they stay members. Most the west has no clue what is even going on with the expo, or any club matters and its been that way since the beginning. Show me proof it hasn't please. Not saying this rudely just using it to prove a point.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 12:07:07 PM by furbug »

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2010, 02:09:38 PM »
[
 your honest from what i know.

I can answer most of the questions you may have.

Pm me your  name, to show a little faith
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 02:11:05 PM by Leglifter »

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2010, 02:56:01 PM »
this should be good.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline furbug

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2010, 04:44:33 PM »
I had faith you would answer honestly,  I even said so.  Typical of this club, some officer, 2 in this case, can't resist the urge to look down their noses at the members and offer up yet another smartazz comment.  I can't imagine why the PPHA can't retain members, and why the members don't step up to help.  I'll refrain from PMing you my name as the faith I lost in you has nothing to do with answering a question.  When are elections??

By the way I do not know why you need my name to answer some simple questions but I decided to PM it to you.

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2010, 04:53:01 PM »
FURBUG, you are slightly disoriented if you think I was being a smart azz.  I was just asking for your help and assistance with the expo.  As far as the Indian/Chief comment, im sticking to it. 
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2010, 05:00:23 PM »
I think you know why I asked for your real name.
I'll be honest, but will you be honest with me?
I don't think I "look down my nose" to anyone.
I just don't want to be playing games again.
Surely you know that, if you are a banned forum member, and you did pm your real name, confirming, who a few of us think you are,
I, being honest, would have to see you removed from the forum, again.

No hard feelings
I hoped to work with you at this side of the state.

I can answer your questions if you'd be honest.

Maybe we'll talk at the convention in washington county

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2010, 05:02:05 PM »
By the way, I was NOT pm'd his real name

Offline furbug

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2010, 05:08:57 PM »
FURBUG, you are slightly disoriented if you think I was being a smart azz.  I was just asking for your help and assistance with the expo.  As far as the Indian/Chief comment, im sticking to it.  

No its all good. I didn't take it wrong at all.
Just trying to explain how it feels over here. Some members were not even asked to sell gun tickets, matter of a fact they did not even know the club had them. Till we were all fishing the other night and i asked them about them. L4F just asking these guys some simple questions. But to go out and get members what I suggested sure would help. All the coyote contests have there date way before the hunt. No reason this club can not do the same.
And these boards would not be dead if hunters were not pushed from them.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 05:11:33 PM by furbug »

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2010, 05:15:32 PM »
Your right,
We should have a standing calender of events.
If you were a member, you would have been notified of the raffle tickets

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2010, 08:28:39 PM »
Ok i will bite.  I dont like to kick sleeping dogs.  But you post exactly like trophies only.  Even go as far to bring up the exact wording that he used to use.  Now if you are not him and your telling the gods honest truth then please except my appology.  But if you are a member there are other portions of this website that can be made available to you.  But we need to know you are a dues paying member before changing your permissions.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”