Author Topic: Whose going?  (Read 8524 times)

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Whose going?
« on: March 31, 2015, 06:44:53 AM »
 ;D OK... while I wait for my GOV'T. application to fish Patagonia at taxpayer expense to come back  ::) (Keep working young Tim) ;) ;) I guess I will have to fish close to the home  >:( >:( NO WORRIES  ;D My wax,meal and butter worms are in order and ready to go... ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::).................Supposed to be warm enough for you "Goose" so get on down to the crick.twinkle toes  :P :P :P :P :P :P.................. 8) Hope to see some pictures. :)

Offline Bowman66

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
  • Work the bolt and give'em a jolt!
Re: Whose going?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 07:25:24 AM »
I'm going, I cant miss the first day!
Darin Hosier
Bee's O'Brien Game Call's
Pro Staff

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 08:03:54 AM »
Me and my youngest will be out even though I hate the first day.  Hopefully he will catch a few.  I will be on ******* patrol.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 08:48:15 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I'll be in Williamsburg watching a track meet again.. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) yes, they are calling for 75° plus for both days.... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) shorts, vino, sun tan oils.....strained eyes......YES!!!
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 09:01:49 AM »
it is looking like rain in this area Saturday morning. Was planning on going to opossum for first day but looks like I will be hitting the streams in the area.  Not sure yet we will see what the weather turns out on sat morning.  I doubt I will be out at the crack of dawn.  It was nice last year the turkeys were sounding off all morning till lines in.  Im looking at being on the water the next two afternoons chasing after smallies though  65 deg afternoons I sure aint sitting in work looking outside.   8)
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline nepahunter17

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 02:38:24 PM »
Would love to be out fishing on open waters ice on every thing up here the Delaware river is still froze solid only ice fishing around here looks like our first day of trout is going to be threw ice as well.I don't see all that ice gone in next couple of weeks.heck boat is will burried behind 5 foot snow plowed banks.
Due to price increase in ammo,,,,,,,,,,,,,there will be no warning shots

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 08:44:39 PM »
 >:( >:( >:( >:( I expected some feesh stories on here  ::) ::) ::) ::) Just got back from Williamsburg....but there are no stories, no pics  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2015, 05:14:33 AM »
 ;D I had a "MONSTER" Brown trout on  ;D ;D but when I got him close to the bank  :( visions of "Jeremy Wade" doing a television episode on my disappearance by the jaws of this monster  :o :o loomed large  ::) ::) so I cut the line and ran for my life :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[...........How's that for a fish story "Goose"...?????..... 8)  My hands were shaking to bad to take any pics!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 05:16:15 AM by jaspr1 »

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2015, 07:11:33 AM »
 :o :o :o :o :o I can see the Bunny poop was "DEEP" where you were  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 07:12:18 AM by Pa Goosehntr »
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

uncle buck

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2015, 03:36:53 PM »
I got out in the Scanoe with my son.. he purchased one of those Buddy fish finder that affixed to the sides of the Scanoe... What a tool.. We could see all the trout one foot of the bottom...Made me think is this how it's going to be now on these earlier SCPA openers.  fish not acting like they do when the opener was the  15 of April like yesteryear... I'm a trolling man... That how I fished all my life when I was a youngen in Wilkes Barre, Pa.  took some time but they weren't hitting no silver finished lures Original Rapalas  what so ever... We started picking some up on Golden finished lures...Never could catch the ones that were in the  18 foot or water to  24 foot of water.. But they suspended one foot off the bottom... Most were picked up in the 8 foot water when using our gold lures... we didn't do well at all but I have had worse days on the water for trout...I did open all of their bellies..They were all bottom feeding for Nymphs!!!! Ah the old days in WB... we use to get what we called Perch Bugs. We'd get them in the swamp ponds.. they also sold them in all the bait shops in WB area too.. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! they can't sell them down here in SCPA> I do have some artificial nymphs in my box.. I should have just cut the bellies open right there and we could have seen what they are feeding on in this cold weather...

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2015, 06:55:54 PM »
UB, put one of those Rebel crawfish down there and see what happens...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2015, 07:26:18 AM »
 ;D This was my actual 1st day  ;D I went to Clark's Creek around 1 in the afternoon to my secret spot  ::) that only 500 other people know about  :P  I only saw 3 young men who were leaving as I was getting there. I fished till 5:30 caught 8, missed a few and kept two 12 incher's for a dinner some night this week.  ;D Plenty of trout hiding in the brush and cover. How did the rest of you do?  ??? ??? Bowman..the boy's??...L4F?...Pic's of a BIG one??.......... 8).....Dale...back in the early 70's I took a 28 inch brown on one of those Rebel Teeny Wee Craw..Red...I carry a couple all the time in different colors,dynamite on Bass also....
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 07:31:02 AM by jaspr1 »

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2015, 08:18:09 AM »
We limited out by 10:00.  Nothing special all in the 10 to 14 inch range.  All rainbows except for one brown.  The stream was full but for once everyone seemed respectful.  Nick had one jump out of his hand while he was trying to hook it to his stringer and I had one jump out of my net to freedom.  I told him to go back a warn his buddies that the Deckards were on the creek!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

It was plenty cold enough in the water though.  I don't think I could have handled much longer without insulated waders.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2015, 08:57:19 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D "Insulated waders"....yep, that is what this "Old" guy would wear.... ??? ??? ??? ??? I used to run a trapline with regular waders all winter up until I was put on these thinners... :-\ :-\ :-\ Don't get old too quick youngin.. :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 08:57:53 AM by Pa Goosehntr »
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2015, 10:39:40 AM »
I don't have them and I could definately tell.  Had a hard time getting up the bank because everything was stiff from the cold.  Lol