Author Topic: Whose going?  (Read 8525 times)

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Whose going?
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2015, 12:43:19 PM »
L4F... if you're just using them for fishing, the breathable are the way to go... no condensation moisture build up and dress the way you need to stay warm...  I normally wear a pair of wool socks, drawers and a pair of fleece pants under mine and stay warm in the coldest of conditions...  it's doubtful I'll ever go back to neoprene's, I used to fish the Yellow Breeches all winter long, would break ice outta holes and come back in an hour to fish them... I'd get as wet inside as out from condensation... damn near froze to death getting out of my gear one day... came out of the stream got out of my waders first off and froze near solid till I got the rest of the gear put away... no more of them, now I can get out of the water strip the waders off and clothes are dry...

Jasper, I normally keep red and  brown along when trouting... they work best after the fish have been in the stream a while to get used to eating real food...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2015, 06:52:12 AM »
 ;D I agree,breathable  ;D wear fleece pants on really cold days  ;D I have both chest high and waist and I prefer the waist high ones  :) The waist high are Cabela's stockingfoot which I pair with studded wading boots,works great for me in the river and creeks. L4F maybe you should just fish where the banks are flatter..Nancy.... ::) ::) OOP's that's my wife,likes to roll up and fish right out the car window  :o hates those steep banks  :P :P ............. 8)   BigBen you might want to avoid your favorite little restaurant for a bit  ??? ??? until the furor calms down  ::) ::) there are rumors a "Goose" was in there disrupting the place  :P :P..... 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2015, 07:58:30 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D yea, that other guy that was with me  ;) ;) ;) ;) had the waitress soo cornfused, his meatloaf sandwich looked like the leaning tower of piza...and was at least that tall  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) My oyster sandwich had the oysters still swimming  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? til we got outta there they knew that we were a couple of guys to be reckoned with... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2015, 08:00:33 AM »
At least I know you wont be fishing in my honey hole unless your wife pushes you in. :o :o :o :o :o :o
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2015, 09:41:40 AM »
 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) ¼ sticks and only hafta catch them floating down  :-X :-X :-X :-X
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2015, 11:05:55 AM »
#1, I went the full route with my stocking foot waders... I have a light pair of the slip on/zipper up sand/beach boots for surf fishing, sometimes winters at Hatteras you'll not come out of the waders for days on end... you can get a severe case of the swamp@$$, lug soles for muddy conditions, felt soles, both plain and studded for everything else... I seriously like my breathable stocking foot waders...   8)
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...