Author Topic: Safari!  (Read 15481 times)

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Safari!
« on: October 13, 2017, 07:22:46 AM »
 :) In preparation for a trip to the Dark Continent or Northern Pa. whichever is closer  ;) I took my raffle ticket .243 to the range  ;D Not knowing what creature (s) Guide "Sonny" might entice  :-\ :-\ :-\ I made my own Generic target out of a pie plate  ::) ::) It's a cross between a tree rat,ground grizz,fox and coyote  :-[ :-[ I was using 100 gr ammo so I was practicing brain shots to save the fur  :o :o :o :o....lol....100yds 3/4 inch  Pop's almost ready  ;D ;D ;D ................................. 8)   Comic section laugh of the day! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Safari!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 07:32:10 AM »
Good shooting.
All kill shots in the boiler.

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 11:43:53 AM »
Even the misses would have probably scared him to death.
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 06:55:38 AM »
 :) Jake since you apparently have been next to Sonny when a firearm went off  ::) I have a question?  ??? ??? Is he broke or does he run for the truck?  :P :P ............... 8)

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 06:56:59 PM »
Jasper1
I was with him when a gun was fired.
He not gun shy, he just does not understand something is to be hit when the gun goes off. Kinda like the deer in the head light look on his face after he shoots is all I remember.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2017, 06:23:00 AM »
 :( :(   Oh My!!!!  :( :( not good...he's had that look ever since he woke up and Dotty told him they were "Almost old enough to shave" and wife!!  :o :o :o.......Do you know?  ??? ??? Has he ever called anything??  ??? ??? He's not one of those UNIVERSAL callers is he??  :P :P Any creature in the Universe might stop in and maybe an Alien or two....  :-[ :-[ :-[..........Goose bring the .338 and lots of ammo.... ::) ::) ::) ::)............ 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2017, 08:34:49 AM »
 ;) Roger that!!  :( :( :( you never known when a Grizzly will arrive in that kinda callin  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2017, 07:34:53 AM »
Oh you guys are hilarious. >:( >:( >:( >:(
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2017, 07:38:27 AM »
My power steering pump went out on my truck this weekend up north.  You two have a couple weeks to figure out which one of your trucks is getting dirty !! ::) ::) ::) ::)
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2017, 02:19:46 PM »
 >:( >:( >:( >:( Mine is in the shop today...rodent damage to wiring  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? estimated $400 of which it's almost all labor  :P :P :P :P :P
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2017, 03:18:03 PM »
All these stories remind me of the story of the guy that forgot his wallet at the restaurant type of thing. By tomorrow nobody's truck will be running. Sonny will not have to guide and save face and he will still get his award. See he is smarter then a possum.

Tri-X-Stand Rifle

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2017, 08:01:51 AM »
 :) No worries BW!  ;D ;D ;D 1st Safari via Renovo Taxi Cab 1  ::) ::) ::) He is a clever PUP but he is messing with the Varsity Old Coot's team!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.................................. 8) BTW I knew this was going to happen .... having been a Scout leader in a past life I am always prepared....I invested in a new Deckard Special coyote-fisher rifle  ...  .ooo cal. uses your imagination for ammo.....

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2017, 08:30:42 AM »
If you guys use the same gun to hunt with,
that you shoot the bull with,
You will never miss!   ;D ::) ;D

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2017, 08:51:57 AM »
Jasper1
You're not as smart an old coot as you think you are. You called him a clever PUP!!!  When you really should said clever as a marsupial.
Better make sure he had his wallet when you jump in that cab

Tri-X-Stand Rifle

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2017, 12:42:16 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D And the beat goes on!! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) Puppy that forgets wallet will be skun!! with a dull knife even!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Now BW, will your CEO let you come out and play up north or do you have to fill in worm holes? per her executive order ::) ::) ::) ::) Hern, we already know your excuse..."I have traps to set/check"  :-X :-X :-X :-X jaspr1 it's gonna be ussins against thems/him/or a disaster team  ??? ??? ??? ??? Might need to bring a 50Cal to ward off those critters called in  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member