Author Topic: Crows  (Read 4382 times)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Crows
« on: August 14, 2016, 05:09:54 PM »
OK gang, I'm lookin for a location for us to hunt crows in honor of Dale Shull's Million Crow hunt of yesteryear's... ??? ??? ??? My area is not holding any mass quantities, what does your area look like?? :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ Thanx in advance  ;) ;) ;) Iffin we can locate some we will organize the Crow Marauders Hunt  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Crows
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 06:27:20 PM »
What are you considering "mass quantities "?
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 07:38:41 AM »
 ;D ;D That would be nice...but regular passers in nice numbers is realistic..some areas hold more groups than others and that is what I was looking for....maybe hafta wait til closer harvest time..
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 07:39:45 AM by Pa Goosehntr »
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 09:25:46 AM »
 :) Or we could hunt them the Jaspr1 way and go to the crows as opposed to fly by shooting. I usually go to the SGL close by and I have 2 locations there, that are usually good for 2 passes by the local crows before they wise up. I pick up and move south to another game lands that provides at least 8 to 10 different locations, same scenario a pass or two and then move....this will eat up a morning real quick and provide some good shooting mostly....I used to do this with my boys so they could shoot their shotguns. I had 3 rotations of spots so we wouldn't be shooting at the same crows and wising them up. How about a daybreak to noon contest, buddy up or hunt from your location and we can pick a central rally point depending on whose participating for FTF at say 1....thinking a local restaurant or State Park Pavilion and roast a dog or sausage maybe make a SMORE for Goose....I say let's go for it Goose I think Jake will commit....3 of us means gold,silver and bronze and as long as Jake doesn't complain to loud about getting the Bronze our take over of D4 plan will be off to a successful start. Dale would love it...lol.... 8)

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 10:03:44 PM »
I am interested. We only have to shoot one crow. Dale would understand. This time we do not need a million man crow hunt. Just a few shells. Unless Dale bombarded us with crows.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 06:09:37 AM »
 :-\ :-\ :-\   Goose I'm calling a Secret EMERGENCY D4 meeting to consider this !!  ::) ::) ::) if BW is interested, I think he's up to something  :P :P We should institute  a rule to autopsy the crow he brings in for freezer burn  :o :o :o........I'm not sure what happened to that poor crow from 2006  ??? ??? I thought he ate it  :P but he might have froze it  :P  just waiting for an opportunity like this  >:( >:( >:(.........he has a crow lined up already  ;) count on that or he wouldn't be so eager  ::) and at check-in he will Pi$$ and Moan about getting something just for participation  :P :P :P ................AND even worse than this.....Sonny will probably slink out of the bushes and want to team up with him  :P :P :P :P :P :P.........Meet you at the SECRET Diner on Rte. 81 at 2:30 am like last time... :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X............ 8)