Author Topic: Groundhogs!  (Read 5120 times)

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Groundhogs!
« on: June 14, 2017, 07:53:44 AM »
 :) Must not be anyone hunting the little diggers.. :(..they are everywhere... :P..Goose you need to get out of the Hammock and get some of these dirt Beavers.. ::) ::) ..use some of those firearms the CEO doesn't know about.  :o :o :o................. 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Groundhogs!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 09:41:59 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Yea, but the work load keeps increasing  :P :P :P :P being retired is not all what it's cracked up to be!!  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) I'll get on them when I get back from NY... :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 09:14:33 PM »
I've killed a few this year.  I got this new Savage Axis 223 and put a Leupold CDS scope on it.  Great combination.  It's spot on.  My longest shot this year is 340 yards.  I'm hoping to kill one over 500.  My personal best is  around 455.    Does that gun sound familiar Jasper???
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 06:33:00 AM »
 :) Jake...I can't even see 340 yards.... :o....so it found a good home  ;D Years ago my brother bought a Remington 788 when they 1st came out. The scope he put on it was worth more than the rifle  ::) turned out to be one of the best buys ever made  ;D still has it and still uses it..... 8)

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2017, 08:49:00 AM »
I've killed a lot of hogs with that gun.  I agree with having good optics on top.   I left the farmers son get behind the gun to shoot a ground hog.  He never shot a rifle before.  I dialed in the scope and he killed his first ground hog at 180 yards.  His dad was impressed.  The point is....  with a good gun and good optics, anyone can level the cross heirs and be accurate.   He was shooting off the Tri X which helped tremendously also!!
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Predator53

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 08:41:21 PM »
I've gotten 5 been out 3times with the 22 mag....corns and beans are growing...so it maybe alittle tough now...
Wicked scanpro Lights ICOTEC Gc500
 Montgromery county,Pa 5C&5D
 District 2 PPHA/NRA Member