Author Topic: If you can attend Monday 29 Feb 2016 please do  (Read 9295 times)

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: If you can attend Monday 29 Feb 2016 please do
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2016, 08:43:58 AM »
Ln4F says-
You are using the PPHA to "share your knowledge" as you say, however you do not support the association.  That is seen by some as being hypocritical. 
Just calling it as I see it.
+1

UB you even plan breakfast get together and you NOT even a MEMBER.
I feel you are taking advantage of this board and  this organization.
UB, you have a lot to offer. Become a member in the PPHA. Use our message board, plan events, get active & spread the word as a member.

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2016, 10:34:11 AM »
Tim and Hern, 

I am not a member either, for some of the same reasons that ub isn't and some of my own..  I was a member, volunteered to run the website and forum board and did so for about a year.  You guys recently picked up a new member here because uncle buck answered all of his predator hunting questions and told him to contact me and I could help him out because I was in his area.   I took him hunting and I am showing him the ropes, I answer all of his question.   he texts me and is a good guy....  I am glad that ub gave him my name and I am more than happy to help him out..   

the thing that I find funny the new guy texted me "I joined the PPHA today"  I texted back you know I am not a member,   he said I know but without it I would never have met UB or you and I think with that and the magazine it is worth my $26...   So if you don't think UB or me supports your association I think you both are dead wrong.   posts on here and topics are priceless when the right people are typing.   

I don't want to be considered a hypocrite so peace out and good luck to you all...   

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2016, 10:46:47 AM »
Without dues paying members, this communication site would not be here...Yes, the information shared is priceless...but nothing in life is free....and we as an organization have no other fund raisers....just my 2¢
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 10:47:43 AM by Pa Goosehntr »
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Huntin 4 yotes

• PPHA officers.
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2016, 11:22:07 AM »
+1 goose.... A years membership  with a magazine subscription is less than 7 cents per day.

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2016, 11:56:55 AM »
Scott, Good Luck to you also......
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2016, 02:12:03 PM »
I just can not reason why ex-member folks visits, posts, replies, make suggestion what the PPHA should do, advertise their own demos, ask questions, post how-to-do calling and seek help, day in, day out but can't be a paid member in the PPHA?
Some of these same people have posted they feel they should be paid back by helping a newbie!! Either by newbie taking them Deer hunting or filling their gas tank.
When a member drops out of the PPHA, WHY can't that ex-member stay off this message board? Why?
I can not reason that out.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 02:13:43 PM by Hern »

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2016, 02:33:52 PM »
I will answer that for you..  the site was set up with two sections, members only and the public section.  the people who set up this site thought is was a good idea for people to read and post and learn about the sport without being a member..  if you paid to be a member then you were granted access to the members only section.   evidently that has changed. 

There has been talk on here before about making the whole site for members only but people in charge at the time didn't think it was a good idea. 

and I hope you weren't talking about me when you said people thought they should be paid back for helping a newbie,  I have never asked for anything from someone that I helped.   

pretty simple - Members only section vs public section.....   

« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 02:52:05 PM by scott »

uncle buck

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2016, 03:19:39 PM »
In life there is pro and con about everything... Yes I'm the one that Hern is talking about that ask that maybe a person who I take three years of hunting who uses my guns, my lights, my camo, my vehicle, doesn't at least give you a few bucks for gas... This person that I used for an example use to be my family doctor.. So right away you waive things because of who the person is...  I would keep telling him he needs to buy his own lights and he would give you that blank stare.. I would talk to his wife and she would say oh he to tight to buy things... I made this person use his vehicle to drive round trip for a ringneck hunt and only then did he decide that it's time for him to stop  hunting with me.. So....it's not like I want someone out of the clear blue sky to give me money...E. Wilson hunted with me and this person and he knows what I'm talking about.. I will never take this person hunting with me again.. OK I learned my lesson so I'm getting ping on because I told you of this situation..   This person i'm talking about never killed a fox... I called in 85 dozen for him.. He missed easy shots that I could have killed oh about 8 coyotes... So yes I'm human.. The next year after I stopped hunting with him I made  $450 on fur.. Those three years waiting for him to shoot I made sheeeeeeeeet... Now remember he was just not some person I met at a family event.. He was my family doctor for 39 years......

As far as stopping only people who are PPHA members to post.. That's your call...I do it to train people.. I don't ask for money.  I don't sell anything,  if you do block non members that your call.. Remember check the stats below that say MORE STATS and see who the real topic starters are on here..  Now not reply people.. People who add things to this site that start discussions... Things ...topics that people learn from...Could be that this could turn into only a weather for today comment fourm.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 03:20:50 PM by uncle buck »

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2016, 04:06:18 PM »
UB says,
As far as stopping only people who are PPHA members to post.. That's your call...I do it to train people.. I don't ask for money.  I don't sell anything,  if you do block non members that your call.. Remember check the stats below that say MORE STATS and see who the real topic starters are on here..  Now not reply people.. People who add things to this site that start discussions... Things ...topics that people learn from...Could be that this could turn into only a weather for today comment fourm.

No rules for ex-members to post UB. Post away.
I may be the only member thinks you, as an ex-member, over use this message board. You have the most posts by a NON-MEMBER. Don't let me bother you. I should not call you out. Am sorry for that.
If you are looking for STATS or real topic starters or posting calling methods... post away.
I guess a big name professional predator caller or novice came on this site and was a non-member, he could post & reply.  No rules about that, UB.
I didn't mean to get out of hand.

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2016, 04:14:11 PM »
scott say-
...but people in charge at the time didn't think it was a good idea. 

I hope that never changes. An open message board is just that.

Offline Bowman66

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
  • Work the bolt and give'em a jolt!
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2016, 04:40:54 PM »
Nothing is changing!
The way things are, are how the founding members saw fit to conduct business and so it shall continue that way!

These boards will not turn into a puffed up chest or a drop pants and compare ..... Arena!

If your on board then thank you! If your not for your own reasons then Your not! Plainly put. It's your choice.

The bickering back and forth needs to stop! This is about predators and how we can get better in our pursuit of said predators. Just like the guys who live in a predator rich environment and kill more than the guy who has few coyotes in his area, it's not about the numbers, I.e. who Post the most. Nobody is reinventing the wheel here.

Now let's get back to some good convos and put some fur down!
Darin Hosier
Bee's O'Brien Game Call's
Pro Staff