Author Topic: If you can attend Monday 29 Feb 2016 please do  (Read 9296 times)

uncle buck

Re: If you can attend Monday 29 Feb 2016 please do
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 11:47:50 PM »
I will be attending with my brother Tom... They have an open mic if you want to air anything that impacts the outdoors in Pa.. The presentation by the speaker is always good info too.. They will talk about legislation that is in process that will impact predator hunting...

uncle buck

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 11:13:42 PM »
Missed a good meeting tonight... We had a nice meal at Dennie Leni in Halifax... That would have been a good get together. No one from here showed?  :(   :(   I told them that we really want to start predator hunting on 12 Jan and have it end on 12 Feb...    :) :)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 02:05:43 PM »
 >:( >:( UB you know what they say about "WE"  ??? ??? ??? ???
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Bowman66

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
  • Work the bolt and give'em a jolt!
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 02:55:19 PM »
I hope you weren't speaking for all of us when you have those dates. I.e. Why would you want to be hunting during the breeding season only? If you want a shorter season why not have it before the vixen get a lickin!?!? 
Darin Hosier
Bee's O'Brien Game Call's
Pro Staff

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 03:15:31 PM »
Darin, he's pullin our chain... :) :) :) :) cause no one from the organization attended..
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 03:17:12 PM by Pa Goosehntr »
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 03:25:02 PM »
You gave Darin  heart attack!   
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2016, 03:33:27 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Watch them old guys...we didn't get old not learning how to get ones goat!!  :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2016, 07:46:32 AM »
Although I appreciate you attending the event and I know you are passionate about predator hunting, You should at least be a member if your going to speak on behalf of the PPHA. 
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2016, 08:13:14 AM »
 ;) ;) ;) ;)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 08:15:29 AM by Pa Goosehntr »
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2016, 08:15:23 AM »
Ln4F says-
You should at least be a member if your going to speak on behalf of the PPHA.
+1

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2016, 11:18:06 AM »
 :) OK  :) UB  :)  I went to the link you provided and signed up for 15th Dist. Sen. Teplitz  Sportsman Advisory Committee.  :) I think you should reconsider being a member  :D ...........My personal belief is to approach these things in a diplomatic, articulate manner, if you want anyone to listen to you. Cover them in banana oil and feed them honey...lol...Hern's "Let's do Something" post, this might be a step....I will advise as to what I receive in response............... 8)

uncle buck

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2016, 07:12:26 PM »
I don't even utter the word Pa Predator Hunter Association... I'm a Lone Wolf when it comes to speaking up to the PGC and others... I have made many a headway talking to people that can help better predator hunting...Actually you all know why I did depart the organization.. You just don't go to enough meetings and  speak up... I'm actually going to probably do a seminar in the near future (free) for the Harrisburg Hunters & Angler.  Actually going to meet with a person that I'm also going to become a Fisher of Men and do predator calling seminars....  You can rest assure that I ain't going to let anyone try to take predator hunting away as we know when I go to these meeting.. Yes I was doing some off season yanking of chain about the shortening of the predator hunting season to 1 month... You know I would never speak to that...  However I often wonder why many of the well known predator callers are not members of the PPHA? The real businessmen who sell electronic callers, and make calls... Again I just can't see joining PPHA because you don't do what I think has to be done... Now you can't keep everyone happy in an organzation...   I do post on here because I do want people to learn or think about different things... Why would I want to take this stuff to my grave.. I do thank my time in the PPHA for meeting people I call my friends now.. I even hunt with a few of them now and then...  The Pa Game Commission meets twice a year and it's an open MIC and no one from PPHA ever goes ANYMORE.  :(

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2016, 08:25:15 PM »
UB    All the more reason to join the PPHA..... You could be the voice of the PPHA.   We put it out numerous times looking for people to represent the PPHA at various Pa Game Commission meetings etc.
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2016, 08:28:15 AM »
UB, I have no problem with you or anyone else not being a member.  The problem I have is people speaking for organizations or people when there is no association to them.  You say that you don't mention the PPHA.  Well then I have no problem. 

You could be very beneficial to the PPHA because you do speak up and have the time to attend these events.  You will never do that because it's your way or the highway mentality.  You can see it in almost every post you make.  Now don't take this wrong.  You are a unique person and I wouldn't expect you to change a thing.  I am just pointing out that any organization, club or association works on majority vote, not a one man agenda.  As frustrating as it may be sometimes, you shouldn't quit because others are not meeting your needs or expectations. 

You are using the PPHA to "share your knowledge" as you say, however you do not support the association.  That is seen by some as being hypocritical. I mean no disrespect.  Just calling it as I see it.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!