Author Topic: Online contests  (Read 11558 times)

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Online contests
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2015, 06:41:23 PM »
Joe,

As you are aware from the officers meetings,  we tried to organize a news letter, but once again only so few can do so much.  No one wants to step up and help put one together.  Then comes the expense of mailing it out.  I wish there was a magic solution.....
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2015, 07:55:29 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Did I see Hern smiling in that photo??  ??? ??? ??? ???
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2015, 10:01:47 PM »
It's been probably 5 years or so since we had a newsletter.I remember writing an article for that publication once but for some reason it was never published.I did enjoy reading them back in the day.
 Do you think an entry fee for the hunts would help or hurt?At least it wouldn't put the ppha in the hole.

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2015, 11:08:18 PM »
I have often thought about an entrance fee to enter hunts myself.  Up until this year, as I'm sure you are aware, we got a lot of people sign up, but very few entries.  This years buddy hunt was probably the biggest participation hunt I can remember.  Hopefully things are turning around! 

In your opinion,  if we charged an entrance fee,  how much do you think it should be?
Jake
York, PA

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2015, 08:10:30 AM »
I think that would kill participation.  Everyone complains they get nothing from the club (which i don't get).  this is one thing they can get for free as being a member and showing support.  They just have to participate.  The guys that do are not complaining it's the guys that don't. 
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2015, 09:09:58 AM »
are ya'll still doing the yearly picnic?...always enjoyed that...

I could name all but two of those guys in that picture.  many are no longer members.  Ah the good old days.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2015, 09:51:05 AM »
Sheri Baity is next to Ernie, Dale's shooter next to me. Left side the 2 brothers from D-4. Can't recall last name.
NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2015, 12:23:17 PM »
looking at the other picture the guy on my right was someone's son that belonged to the club, the one to Jims left was only one of the brothers from D-4... left front is Dave D. {Critter Buster} from out west, D-6, and Jay right center, my shooter, is now into the big time, living in Idaho, and married that pretty redheaded girl...  looking thru the other photo's, the someone's son's name was Tom...

looking at that photo, we had folks in attendance from the north east, north central and far south west of the state... that folks is dedication to the cause...

« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 12:24:36 PM by Dale »
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2015, 12:33:43 PM »
OK right front was the Prez, Tom M, but who is that to his left next row back?...

when I had D-2, I had a complete list of all my members, to include out of staters that lived in adjoining states... I wrote up a personal news letter, at least every quarter and sent out to those not wired, plus a notice of any special events, hunts, district meetings etc... would even go so far as making phone calls if I had the number...

it takes a little time and effort to be a district co-ordinater, but it helps to keep people happy...

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2015, 01:04:19 PM »
One of our biggest problems is lack of information when people sign up.  We have tried as district coordinators to make contact with the membership.  Either the phone numbers have changed, or no phone number at at, or no / bad e mail address, and incomplete address, just listing city with no street address. 

If someone would like to help out doing a news letter, please step up.  We would love to have help in getting one out.
Jake
York, PA

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2015, 02:11:55 PM »
When Buckwheat gets home from Beer Camp, he will name everyone.
I don't recall Scott's last name.
CritterBuster stayed at our house that weekend. We hunted Coyote the morning of the picnic. No shots fired, but Dave had a few Coyotes in front of him. I was on Dave's video camera getting all the hunt on film. From my spot, I saw 2 Coyotes and Dave couldn't see 'em from his spot. I had a video camera on a tri-pod and no gun. Dang.

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2015, 03:08:29 PM »

front row from left to right
dave dubar, Hern blett, Tom monko

Middle row
scott glace, Uncle buck, Dreamcatcher< Jay farney

Back row
Ernie Wilson, Sherri baity, Dale, And the guy on the end I don't know who he is
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2015, 01:16:30 PM »
the guy in the far right rear was someone's son, was supposed to meet his dad there, but dad didn't show up... for the life of me can't remember his dads name... he only stayed a year or 2...

I used to hunt a lot of southern York county when I lived in D-2 was just down the road and over the river... I am a York county native and have hunted around the southern end since I was 12 years old... Scotts brother used to try and give me the business about hunting over there till I finally got tired of listening to his crap and explained how it was... when he found out I'd been hunting over there longer then he'd been stinking up the area he finally settled down...   8)  but them boys did kill a lot of fox...

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2015, 07:44:31 PM »
You can kill a lot of fox, (reds), when you live in south east Pa
NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers