Author Topic: Spring fishing  (Read 7189 times)

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Spring fishing
« on: March 23, 2015, 09:07:53 AM »
you getting out at all jaspr?

“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline nepahunter17

• Junior Forum Member
Re: Spring fishing
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 12:09:35 PM »
Wish I had open water to fish.
Due to price increase in ammo,,,,,,,,,,,,,there will be no warning shots

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 06:43:47 PM »
Ben...Just got back from TN. went crappie fishing on Douglas Lake..cold and windy that day....did you get her on a hair jig or minnow? River? Got some trout in the GSM Park..

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 07:54:37 PM »
Nic job on the crappies. Id like to go somewhere and hammer a bunch but they are hard to come by around here

Actually a spinnerbait. I figured nothing else was working so i tried it.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 11:11:18 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D That crappie looks good but what's that thing it's mounted to  ??? ??? ??? ??? can't be human  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 04:21:28 PM »
Look at the rich guy. :o :o :o :o :o  Traveling across country to catch one little fish with his 7,000 dollar motor. 8) 8) 8) 8)What's the ROI for that trip? ::) ::) ::) ::)
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 06:57:36 AM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  >:( >:( >:( I hate to say it but you get a point for that "Goose", I hope you know you are responsible for some choking on their coffee after reading that...  >:( >:( >:( Might take me all year but I will get you back... :P...L4F trip was paid for by the US Gov't., special promotion for retiree's 65 and older who make less than $100,000.00 a year in retirement...so keep on working Sonny  ;D ;D......... 8) Skeeter Bass Boat fastest I have ever gone in a boat, that thing will fly....I don't see your name in the Last Ditch hunt..are you "SCEERT" of the competition? or are you raking leaves like the "Goose"?

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 08:03:14 AM »
Gotta keep working like you said. ;D ;D ;D ;D
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2015, 08:05:25 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D And what you do you actually call it work??  ??? ??? ??? ??? for shame-for shame!!  ::) ::) ::) ::)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 08:57:25 AM »
why hasn't da goose went on any of these fishing trips? 

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2015, 09:11:11 AM »
 ;D He's going, Ben  ;D next month or June  ::) temp. has to be 80's  ::) Reminds me of those Bog Turtles you see sunning in the swamp on a warm spring day  ;D ;D ;D................ 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2015, 09:21:46 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D BB I only bought my license a week or so ago  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ us'ns on fixed incomes is "po" we can't afford the "or" in poor so we hasta plan these things out  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) I'm guess'n I also need to buy a pair of them polarized sun spectacles so I can see the feesh ta shoot immm.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) You know "Like shootin feesh in a barrel"  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 09:22:27 AM by Pa Goosehntr »
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2015, 10:12:53 AM »
sunglasses are not an absolute must but they do help to put the lure where you need it when targeting cover.  right now fish aren't really relating to anything except structure on the bottom which means unless you are feeling it with your rod tip and lure your not "seeing" it per se. 

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2015, 08:06:22 PM »
 :) :) You realize I need to work this into my schedule of cutting wood and Ground grizz huntin and least I forget my do honey list... :P :P :P :P :P most have honey do lists....mine is bass ackwards  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2015, 07:33:44 AM »
 ;D ;D "Ben" If I interpreted "Goose's post correctly  ??? ??? I think he just skirted around saying his "Rod Tip" is to short to feel the bottom  ::) ::)  Check back in August when the water is down and he can see his feet on the bottom   :P :P :P :P :P :P :P..................... 8)