Author Topic: Spring fishing  (Read 7188 times)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Spring fishing
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2015, 07:41:53 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Feet on the bottom catching them between my toes.... ::) ::) ::) no rod needed  :-X :-X :-X :-X
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2015, 09:06:52 AM »
for god sakes cut yer toenails if you got talons on your feet.

I understand tho goose you need to keep mama happy.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2015, 04:54:17 PM »
 ;) ;) ;) ;) Momma is happy-happy when I'm not under foot ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)....gotta keep her working  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2015, 09:03:47 AM »
this past weekend I only got out once.  ended up hooking a 2.5 lbr on a jig.  water was cooler then the weekend before.  But was a lot clearer.  looking forward to warmer days to bring the water temp to the high 40's   

“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2015, 10:32:11 AM »
 ;) ;) ;) ;) Nice!! jaspr1 pay attention, BB is catching!! :o :o :o :o
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2015, 09:10:05 AM »
This past weekend I fished sat for 6 hours and managed one decent little 3lbr and sunday afternoon I fished a few hours with my father and managed another 3lbr and a 4lbr. 

Water is dangerously clear and getting even within casting distance of these fish was difficult.  I could easily see 6ft down with polarized sunglasses sat in the sun and pick out bass easily.  Right now the water is coming up and getting muddy.  Should help stain the water a bit and make it easier to catch a couple more at a shot. 

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2015, 12:39:33 PM »
 Nice Ben!!!!! ;D Juniata looks perfect but I don't know when I can go  >:( >:( >:( I had to go to Newport and saw a guy who had launched at Amity Hall headed down river to the point.. :)............ 8)