Author Topic: Primos Alpha Dogg  (Read 7939 times)

uncle buck

Primos Alpha Dogg
« on: November 12, 2014, 09:04:59 PM »
Normally I do all my calling with mouth calls or hand calls.. However I got me a Primos Alpha Dogg caller. wow does that thing work great for predators.... I purchased it for coyote hunting but I have been doing well on fox with it...I do have all kind of electronics,  2 Foxpros, Primos Power Dogg, A few Stewarts, lohman, boombox, Kirk, ...I am really impressed with this Primos Alpha Dogg!!!!!!

uncle buck

Re: Primos Alpha Dogg
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 10:12:38 PM »
Their baby cottontail and baby jackrabbit and red fox sounds are outstanding on the Alpha Dogg  for calling in predators....start off with the babes then go to the red fox sounds and they do come in a running...

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 07:37:31 AM »
I see Cablea's have the Primos Alpha Dogg priced at $249.99 in their todays newspaper sales flyer. A $50 savings.

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 06:05:08 PM »
What is nice about the Aplha Dogg is that they have some sounds programed that you just set the call up trigger the sound and just post and the Dogg goes through a yanking routine to lure in those coyotes.  Food,  mating, Territory type designated calling sequences.. Randy does the coyote vocals for you and you become the shooter... I do this with open reed calls but there are times I want to be the one that gets the shot too...Hence why I like a player like this... When I hunt alone! As you know the coyotes hone right in where the sound is coming from.. The electronics allow you to set up in the proper spot and take the shot..

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 11:00:02 AM »
Go to www.RogersSportingGoods.com they have them on sale on their flyer for $199.99  ;) ;)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

uncle buck

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 06:49:56 PM »
I was playing around with the expert sounds last night while predator calling.. there is two on the Alpha that id the Coyote and the rabbit and the Coyote and Jack rabbit.. Also the coyote and the fawn...After it went through the coyote vocals the rabbit distress did bring in a red fox that was interested in why the coyotes were after the rabbit.. So just because something is designated as a coyote sound doesn't mean it won't call fox..This is the series of expert calling sounds that you trigger it find a good vantage spot and let the caller go through with all the coyote calling yanking... there are periods of silence on and that's what I like.. So for a new caller that can't make all of the coyote talk.. This electronic caller will do it for you.. I like it when I'm hunting myself and I want to use a shotgun or the wind is just blowing right to have the predator enter into the main sound beam of the caller while I'm just out of the range of my scent cone.. You have to ask yourself ok when the predator comes into the sound what is he going to do.. As you know they always get in the loudest part of the speaker sound cone.. Knowing where the wind is blowing.. What terrain is around the caller and where you place the speaker aimed you ... the lone shooter can have excellent chances of getting all kinds of predators.

uncle buck

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 06:53:47 PM »
Tis is my  2nd year of using this and I asked myself.. I wonder how long this caller will last? Will I get my money worth out of I?.. 10 years ago I paid $99.00 for the Power Dogg caller... I still have it and it works great!  So if you take care of things the cheaper callers should last you a long time...I never leave my batteries in any of my callers after I'm done calling...This includes my expensive FoxPro 's too. Again I want to let you know why I like this call... I yank chain when I call predators and this tool will do it.. However so will that $99.00 Power Dogg I still have too.. called many a coyote with that.. So can your Foxpros too...

uncle buck

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 01:56:58 AM »
I called my 104 coyote with this call yesterday early morning. I like it big time! 

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2015, 04:51:36 AM »
UB says-
I called my 104 coyote
Called.
How many did you kill?

UB says-
...with this call yesterday early morning.
You posted about 8-10 weeks ago that you started using this e-caller. Did you call all those Coyote with that call, in that time frame?

uncle buck

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2015, 12:25:18 PM »
No I have not killed all 104. I,m not like that BS that said  He killed 100 coyotes in Pa with a  20 gauge shotgun. I have called them in for other people, so many were missed for all kinds of reasons. Mainly bad marksmenship, not being  ready, they moved where I put them (human mind of man they know better ), just dumb founded when they appear.  I missed some too LOL!
This was the first coyote I called using the Expert Coyote hunts on the Alpha Dog. I have called in quite a few with the Power Dogg. Mainly using open reed mouth calls and doing what the Alpha Dog Expert Hunts do.
what is great about this is i'm seeing a pattern of how coyotes think and act. I could come up with a good coyote excuse shirt.  Something about having the wrong firearm has caused many a miss for me personally. What I have learned about that is don't take a rifle and a  shotgun with you. You need to read your land and know right there what would be the best choice of firearm for the terrain.
Nice that I have hunted with a few PPHA members and we have called in Coyotes on hunts.
 I know there are also a few on here that have called in coyotes with the cheap Power Dogg. Reason for that? That be Randy Anderson doing the coyote vocals on the cheap Power Dogg.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 12:29:04 PM by uncle buck »

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2015, 06:14:19 AM »
i was watching Primos last night and Randy Anderson was on hunting coyotes in Canada.  IMO he is the master of coyote talk.  He was using mouth calls and Alpha Dog together.   He had the Alpha Dog set up about 50 to 60 yards away.   He had one set where they killed one coyote and knew there was another one behind it because of the way the first one was acting.   he ended up killing the second one, the second one challenged him, as soon as i hear that I knew he was going to kill her.  i was suprised on the calls he made and it was different than what i would have done.  that 5 minute clip was such a good learning experience.   

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2015, 06:36:51 AM »
Scott, am interested in the sounds Randy made. I didn't see the show.
Let me in on it.
I know many Coyote guys are using Coyote sounds on mouth calls and e-caller.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 06:39:13 AM by Hern »

uncle buck

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2015, 12:33:01 PM »
While doing the PPHA red fox seminar at Port Matida I got to eat supper with Randy!  While enroute to Fox Pro the evening before he simply said: " If you Pennsylvania guys want to call in coyotes do this! " That was in early April. One week later we, brother and I killed a 50 plus pound coyote near Union Deposit Dauphin County. I called it in and my brother Tom shot it with # 4 buckshot. !  That was in 2006!  Since then I have called in many coyotes doing what he said to do.  He truly is the real thing!  His sounds, his shooting, and he knows how to yank their chain. If you can get his coyote vocals on your Foxpro's! Do it!  That's why I like Primos callers! That be Randy on there calling!  He is the real thing!  No BS!  He can talk the talk, shoot, and know how to yank a coyotes brain!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 12:39:01 PM by uncle buck »

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2015, 01:57:10 PM »
Hern
Good to see everbody is getting reved up about coyotes and how to kill them.  Feb 7 2015 come and see what you all think you know. Like I said to Hern last week you all know how to kill coyotes. You just do not know it.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2015, 02:36:00 PM »
What makes you think we don't kill yotes??