Author Topic: Going to be a good season  (Read 1715 times)

Offline dibo (Bob)

• Junior Forum Member
Going to be a good season
« on: October 14, 2011, 08:51:15 AM »
Took my grandson out last night on his first night hunt for coyotes as we had a few hours on a school night since it getting dark early now. Went to a area that I though wasn't very good because of the traffic and activity all around it but being his first time at least he would see what its like setting up in the dark. Well when we got their just at dark a Archer was just coming out of the woods, as we watched him load up his tree climber in his pickup lots of banging and door closing. I told my grandson we just use this set as practice setting up in the dark so he could see how it is in the dark. Well seven mins. into calling here comes a red fox down the trail that the archery hunter just walked out on its now 7:15 pm. The red fox crossed twenty yards from us went about another twenty behind us and gave out a few barks. Think this is going to be a good season!!!
Live everyday as its your last...

Bob Huston
District 3 Co-Coordinator

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Going to be a good season
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 10:49:08 AM »
I hope it is.  Sounds like you had a good time and built some memories.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline my7pointmonster

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
  • Doubled Up
Re: Going to be a good season
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 12:35:58 PM »
I bet he's hooked. Awesome story. Thanks for sharing hopefully he's gonna end up getting that one later in the year.

Ryan.
District 4