Author Topic: Light colors  (Read 2264 times)

Offline Papa1

• Junior Forum Member
Light colors
« on: October 10, 2011, 08:11:50 PM »
I have no experience w/gun mounted lights for hunting.  My question is Red or green foe a Lightforce or 250 Kill-Light.  I will use in PA but am planning to hunt the Allagash over bait in late winter so I have time to learn.   Thanks,  Dick Taylor AKA Papa 1.
NRA Life-Benefactor   USP Member  SASS Life member  Mosquito Creek Life Member

Offline Whiteknuckle

• Junior Forum Member
Re: Light colors
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 02:12:30 AM »
Dick,
From my experiences with selling lights and making halo shields I have gotten to talk with alot of people on this subject. The answer keeps coming back to RED. Some will say different, but RED light has quite a following wwith predator hunters for a reason. It just plain and simple works.
Please take the time to check out my website www.boondock-outdoors.com if your in the market for a Kill-Light. PS you can get the new Boondock Predator Pack for way less that the price of a light force and have a complete predator hunting system instead of just one light.
If your a member of the PPHA please check out the members discounts forum here for a code to get an additional discount on top of my standard free shipping.

Jeremiah

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 08:44:19 AM »
Funny, I was just talking about this subject a little with Jerremiah the other day.  You may be able to see better with other colors or even farther but it's not about you as much as it is the predator.  Stick with red as suggested.  I highly recommend the predator package that he sells.  Can't go wrong for the price either.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline my7pointmonster

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
  • Doubled Up
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 09:36:52 AM »
Looking back, I should have gotten a predator package, still kickin myself over it. And I'd recommend Jeremiah to anyone without a doubt. And I know I won't be the only person to say that,

Ryan.
District 4

Offline Papa1

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 09:54:33 PM »
  I got a lightforce for Christmas and have not used it, yet.  Have the red clip on lens for it and saw the green one advertised and that got me thinking.  The green feeder lights got me started.  No matter I will be ordering the 250 kit from Boondocks soon (in Red).  It is a 14 Hr. ride to the Allagash and I will be ready.  My buddy hunted this same hunt last Jan.  Two guys killed 7 and missed 4 in a five day hunt over bait from ground deer popups.  Motion sensor solar lights.  He sez that I only need an illuminated reticle, which I have but I'm not taking any chances.  Thank you you all for the help.  Dick
NRA Life-Benefactor   USP Member  SASS Life member  Mosquito Creek Life Member

uncle buck

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 06:50:39 PM »
I like to thinker with all kinds of things... I would love to try a Green Kill Light on the scope and one for spotting eyes...The truth of it is... The red LED's work so good for both that I just can't see paying the money for the Green lights..Best to stick with the Red. 

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 09:32:24 PM »
I believe you can get a greed module for your 250 for around $25.
Jerimiah Weber, could you confirm this?