Author Topic: catfishin 2011  (Read 10818 times)

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
catfishin 2011
« on: February 26, 2011, 11:52:26 PM »
season is in fellas.  hit the river today with some friends.  only caught two between all of us but give it a few more days to warm up above 40 and game on.  
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 11:52:40 PM by bigben »
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: catfishin 2011
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 11:39:52 AM »
Nice,
shave that beard young'n!

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 03:58:05 PM »
Thats fuzz.  I need to
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 05:07:18 PM »
Bigben
Great going! I checked the river water temp were I live it was 36, So you did really great catching them for sure. 
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 05:59:55 PM »
yeah the water was between 33 and 36 deg depending on which side of the river we were on. 

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 12:21:01 AM »
just poured a bunch of lead this afternoon.  lookin to hit up marburg or hot water discharge at the susky.  anyone game for fri afternoon? 

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 12:36:30 AM »
never mind about the river friday.  Just looked and it is supposed to be high still. 

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 08:51:58 PM »
high, fast, cold...and i'll be at work...sat afternoon I might be able to partake in some fishing...i'll have to borrow some lead tho cuz I haven't gotten to pour mine yet
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 09:13:26 PM »
txt comin ;)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 09:19:31 PM by bigben »

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 04:46:51 PM »
hit marburg on friday and didnt get a bite.  but with so much water to cover its gonna be hard to find em.  saturday I hit the susky up from shore and caught one small channel.  musta dropped it right on his head because as soon as I put the rod down the bait runner was singing.  I thought it was a log or junk floating down the river.  but it fought back.  It was hard to hold bottom even with 3oz of weight. 

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 09:30:47 PM »
Marburg got my attention....I love that place.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 09:36:12 PM by foxtrot »

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 06:28:37 AM »
im prob gonna be there again on friday to try it out. 

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2011, 07:08:10 PM »
Not sure if that was an invite or not?Sounds like bad weather this weekend but I would like to give it a shot in the very near future.

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2011, 08:14:16 PM »
yep that is an invite if ya wanna come down.  looks like a few inchs of rain tommarow and thursday.  not sure what friday is supposed to be like.  the forcast didnt say rain but I wonder how windy its gonna be?

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2011, 01:57:19 PM »
marburg was a bust again.  I packed it up and went to pinchot and had the same luck.  I picked up a shimano 4500 baitrunner spinner last night for 50 bux.  even comes with an extra spool.  my plans for this weekend changed.  I might be heading down to do some fishin on the susky on friday.  water should be up outta its banks and in the trees.  weathers supposed to be awesome as well friday.  anyone game for a morning trip?  gonna be around harrisburg area.