Author Topic: catfishin 2011  (Read 10819 times)

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: catfishin 2011
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2011, 04:26:32 PM »
I was down at the susky again on friday night.  started around 4 in the afternoon and started fishing for channels.  ended up getting a few decent runs but I was sleeping and didnt get em hooked up.  finally hooked into a 11lbr and a 9lbrs. a t-storm worked its way through around 6ish.  once it stopped I packed up and moved down stream to flathead land.  I had a spot I scouted out via google maps and wanted to try it.  with the water being 4ft above normal conditions I found a spot to setup in some backwater.  pitched some live and cut bait out.  ended up landing two flats.  nothin big.  kept one 7lbr for fillets.  I went up to the truck and talked to another fella.  he said come on over and finish off your bait.  so I brought the bait and two poles over and finished off the rest of my bait while bs'n with a fellow angler.  I have seen this fella a few times fishing last year and it was great to finally meet him.  great guy all around. 

one thing if you guys that catch flats they have a chunk of belly meat on them that is awesome.  it wasn't fatty at all at least the 7lbr I filleted wasn't.  that flathead tasted better then the 9lb channel I kept as well.  hoping to pull a all weekender this weekend.  fri, sat, and sun I'll be on the river.  lookin for company friday night if anyone in the area wants to come out and fish. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”