Author Topic: ice fishin.  (Read 13008 times)

uncle buck

Re: ice fishin.
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2011, 03:44:40 PM »
I think the only thing that I don't own now for ice fishing would be the flasher of course and one of those containers that you place all of your stuff in and pull it out to your spot..I'm hoping that after (fox) predator season closes that maybe the ice is still safe and I might give ice fishing a try. Um few weeks back Dicks had that Ice container or hauler for $45.00.  Maybe they will go down $$$$ soon?

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2011, 04:35:19 PM »
Scott & BigBen, sorry I haven't looked at this post in a while. Am always a day late or dollar short.
Am booked the last weekend in February, am opened other weekends. Let me know if another hard water date is set (I'll give the Coyotes a rest). .

On another note...
Our son is stationed in Minot, N.D.
He loves to ice fish. Last weekend his friend had a fish take all the line off the spool and gone. Here his friend forgot to tie end of line to spool...LOL.
Son & friends are fishing this weekend and he told his one friend to be sure to have line tied off...LOL.
Yesterday temps in Minot... low -46 high -7 windchill -23
This weekend temps in Minot.... high near +30 (nice temps to be fish'n)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 04:36:56 PM by Hern »

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2011, 10:09:12 AM »
ice is thawed and doubt it will get froze hard again to get back out.  it was fun while it lasted.  we did catch some trout up at george b stevenson the other weekend.  drilling with a hand auger through 18" of ice wasn't fun.  now that the susky is free of ice I might be hitting it this weekend.  we'll see. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”