Author Topic: I need a scope light.  (Read 7590 times)

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
I need a scope light.
« on: November 21, 2010, 07:47:17 PM »
The 6 volt lantern style I bought of an old member has become unrealiable so I need a good scope light for a cheap price. It don't have to be new. Anyone getting rid of a light?
FayetteNam

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: I need a scope light.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 07:51:09 PM »
I am getting rid of one,
If you want to hook up friday night, I'll bring it

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 08:11:13 PM »
Try. Coleman light they work great. Light cost like 14.00 on the net. Just hook it io to a battery. Almost bright as the light force. Use weaver rings to attach it to scope.

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 01:19:28 PM »
I made the mistake of buying a $3.50 Rayovac. The plastic is thin but I added a reinforcment (wafer sent cap) for support at the base. I also added springs (faucet replacment kit) and rubber washers on the back so I can adjust the angle after breaking it lastnight trying to force it while on stand. Hopefully it last a little while and dosen't cost me an animal. My wife threw away all my red plastic I had so I am using an old amber cover (I cut to fit) from an old 12 volt spotlight.
FayetteNam

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 06:08:30 PM »
I have a optronics 6volt 350yd light that works for me.  but I bought it at cabelas in the bargain cave.  I would like to get a kill light for a shooting light.  but I don't have the extra funds for one this year.  maybe next year.  I know the kill lights really opened my eyes at the expo.  led tech is the future it seems.  no more bulbs to blow and no more corded batt packs.  I am wondering though if I want to get a white one and put a red filter on it and get the extra burn time or just go with the red led one and be done with it?
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 06:22:53 PM »
Bigben
Just get the red led.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline ultramag

• Junior Forum Member
    • NEW YORK PREDATORHUNTERS ASSOC.
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 01:39:02 PM »
I have a optronics 6volt 350yd light that works for me.  but I bought it at cabelas in the bargain cave.  I would like to get a kill light for a shooting light.  but I don't have the extra funds for one this year.  maybe next year. 

Get one before the KillLight sticker goes on it then.....

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.16538

And btw,it works just aswell in white led  if thats a concern.

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 03:30:03 PM »
Thanks for the link. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2010, 04:56:56 PM »
I will admit it has the same body but it is definately not the same light.  A lot of people private label for others.  Maybe this is whats happening here.  Or they are selling just the body?  Not sure.  For the money though it would be worth looking into.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2010, 11:14:10 AM »
I'll report on it once I get it in the mail.  it has two light settings as well to dim it down if ya want.  should get it by the end of deer season.

Offline smokey

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2010, 10:06:57 PM »
Check out www.dinodirect.com for Uniquefire lights as well.  There prices seem competitive and they have lots of kill light options.  I found this site by googeling "Uniquefire"

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2010, 07:04:44 AM »
actually that is where I bought the light ultramag pointed out above.  he pointed me to that site as well. 

Offline smokey

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2010, 12:43:19 PM »
I am thinking about steering one too.  Let me know what ya think of it.

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2010, 01:39:33 PM »
Will do.  I am hoping that it will be in the mailbox tonight.  I was surprised it wasn't there yesterday.  also.  for you guys out there with kill lights that don't like the scalloped bezel on the light you can screw it off.  I was thinking about getting some steel and turning a thread on the end and making a sun shade type deflector about a inch and a half long to work as a halo shield but don't think it will be as cost effective as the ones boondock makes. 

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2010, 06:28:00 PM »
Ben were you able to get the red LED for that light?  I didn't think they made it?
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!