Author Topic: I need a scope light.  (Read 7588 times)

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
Re: I need a scope light.
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2010, 07:08:38 PM »
I started seeing red led lights in search engines. Ben, let me know if you found a winner.
FayetteNam

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2010, 07:16:20 AM »
Ben were you able to get the red LED for that light?  I didn't think they made it?

for what light?  the uniquefire?  or the predator light? 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2010, 09:03:29 AM »
The uniquefire.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2010, 09:18:45 AM »
I didn't.  it is a white led that I will be putting a butler creek flip up scope cover on with red dykem.  I couldn't find the red led's anywhere.  I wanted white to tell you the truth.  Hoping that the 2 modes is close to what the predator light has.  in the end I think it would be cheaper to buy the kill light.  I think I paid 40 bux for a light with two batts and a wall charger.  Then paid another 10 bux for mounts then.  same mounts the kill light uses.  If I wanted to have the tactical switch it would be another 20 bux.  by that time I would have what I would have paid for the kill light.  But I dont want the tactical switch.  It wont be hard to reach up and turn the light on while it is sitting in the tripod.  and I heard the car charger doesnt fit well into a 12volt socket.  I didnt test dads yet.

Like I said in the end If I would have bought everything the kill light has I would be back up to where the kill light is priced.  But I didnt see the point in buying the extras.  I am pretty darn sure the light is the same except for the led color.  Time will tell though.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2010, 09:20:59 AM »
Seeing this pic from someone who bought the uniquefire is what sold me.

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2010, 01:34:53 PM »
No doubt it will work.  The white LED puts a crap load more lumens out there.  I like the Butler Creek cover idea.  Easy flip of the cover and you have a nice tracking light.

I'm glad that you said you may as well go with the Kill Light after you order all the extras.  Jeff B was going to buy the same set up you did and with all the extras it was only a couple bucks cheaper than the Kill Light with a lot more work and ordering.  The problem is thier shipments are not fast like Jeremiah's.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2010, 01:13:36 PM »
I just received my uniquefire flashlight.  Batts are charging now and plan on checking it out later at night.  Comparing between the xlr250 there are differences.  They look close but not exactly the same.  The two modes go from off -> high -> low -> off again.  I plan on testing the light out hunting christmas night depending on the weather.