Author Topic: anyone mess with your vehicle at night time?  (Read 2669 times)

uncle buck

anyone mess with your vehicle at night time?
« on: November 18, 2010, 07:33:09 PM »
I do remember someone either on huntingpa or here that had their Foxpro caller stolen from their vehicle.. I 'd rather hunt with my saturn SL2 since it has a locking gas tank...I also don't like when you have your other vehicle to trigger the alarm system you have to click and make the lights flash and the horn to beep. Could be the difference of someone breaking into your vehicle while your on the mountain however... But it could cost you a predator if your calling close by the vehicle..

Back in about 1976.. I had someone throw a large rock through my Torino side window..I had nothing in the vehicle worth taking but they did vandalize it on me.. I was bow hunting and it was daylight...

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: anyone mess with your vehicle at night time?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 05:23:23 AM »
had a few people stop and look but nothing stolen or broke into.  coincidently the times I had people looking into my vehicle was when I was hunting SGL's.  might have had something to do with it.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Whitefeather

• Junior Forum Member
  • I am NOT the Whitefeather on HuntingPA.com!!
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 07:46:49 AM »
UB, you should be able to change how you're remote locks work.  Look in your owners manual. (so your lights dont blink and the horn doesnt beep)
Chris Deckard  District 2

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 01:02:14 PM »
Thanks will check that out,

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 09:04:32 PM »
I had my foxpro and cassette caller and a few other things taken last year. Never recovered.I have not replaced the electronics yet, been having enough excitement with the hand calls.

uncle buck

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 10:11:28 PM »
I had my foxpro and cassette caller and a few other things taken last year. Never recovered.I have not replaced the electronics yet, been having enough excitement with the hand calls.

Where you the one that saw the vehicle stop by your vehicle while you were predator hunting.. This person had a foxpro stolen in the Chambersburg area...That would be Franklin County?  Often wondered if they caught the guys that did it?

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 06:54:33 AM »
That was me.

Offline shadowchaser

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2010, 07:27:49 PM »
I hunt alot of SGL's and usually the only vehicles that stop are in the more secluded area's.
U.S. Army 99-06
Combat Infantryman
District 1