Author Topic: Banning lead for hunting  (Read 5156 times)

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
Banning lead for hunting
« on: August 04, 2010, 04:42:06 PM »
I just read there trying to ban lead for hunting and shooting across the US. like The state of Calf.  A box of 300 mag cost $75.00 a box and 22-250 cost $50.00 a box in the state of Calf. using no lead bullets at this time. In Calf your not allowed to use lead of any kind for hunting and shooting.All waterfowl hunting must use steel shot now.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 05:06:27 PM by foxpro51 »

uncle buck

Re: Banning lead for hunting
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 06:53:55 PM »
Hope it never happens!!!Here!!!!!!!...Good that they are already making what they call Green Loads for reloading...However what is one going to do with all the lead bullets and stuff they acquired over the years????

Offline mountainfox

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • '09-10 Bobcat
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 09:29:04 PM »
I for one sure hope that doesn't happen here!!
~mountainfox

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 09:49:08 PM »
However what is one going to do with all the lead bullets and stuff they acquired over the years????

I know melt them all down and make fishing sinkers and lose them in all of our approved trout waters and warm water streams, ponds, rivers, lakes, Atlantic, Pacific, and the Gulf of Mexico....

Offline bootmud

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 09:51:19 PM »
What in the world would all the flintlock and perc. hunters use? ???

uncle buck

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 10:22:52 PM »
What in the world would all the flintlock and perc. hunters use? ???

We best start to look for round rocks that look like about 45, 50, and or 54 Cal bullets...
I have to start to call my Lyman Deer Stalker Flint  "Stony!"

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 05:43:32 AM »
However what is one going to do with all the lead bullets and stuff they acquired over the years????

I know melt them all down and make fishing sinkers and lose them in all of our approved trout waters and warm water streams, ponds, rivers, lakes, Atlantic, Pacific, and the Gulf of Mexico....
The ban would include fishing lures and weights.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline dibo (Bob)

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 08:59:32 PM »
What I got to say about this why is green bullets cost so much, they are made out of powder metal pressed together and you know what powder metal parts are JUNK and made for cheaper cost. So now they say how great they are and raise the price 50%, boy are they pulling the wool over our eyes. There is a powder metal plant down the road from me making bullets the first word from them is we are going to makes bullets cheaper for the police departments and cheaper then lead bullets, well now they cost more then lead. Funny thing how they jumped on the wagon when more money could be made.
Just my 2 cents...
Live everyday as its your last...

Bob Huston
District 3 Co-Coordinator

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2012, 01:33:24 PM »
They are expensive. Because most green bullets are copper which is more money then lead right now
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline coyotenightmare

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2012, 05:14:45 PM »
If the people serving on Jury duty would only start using 'jury nullification' these stupid laws would be voided and stop popping up. This country is has drifted so far George Washington would have a heart attack. I bet most people on here don't even know what jury nullification means....Say I go to court for using lead bullets when there is a ban against using them. One of the people serving on jury duty uses his head and realizes this law is no good he can nullify the law and I am off free. It is one powerful tool that the citizens can use to protect themselves from the government. Sadly this is not taught in schools and those serving jury duty are mislead by the corrupt judges. They don't even know the have that option!  If I ever get called to serve....I sure hope there is someone brought in for breaking such a law and I will nullify that law....Wake up America!