Author Topic: Occupations  (Read 12948 times)

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
Occupations
« on: May 22, 2010, 04:12:18 PM »
It would be interesting to see what some of you guys do for a living. Perhaps you could get some sideline work for yourself or advice. Eveyone on here has some type of skills. I am an ex car dealer  with knowledge of dealer workings. Leglifter is a cement and brick man.

uncle buck

Re: Occupations
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 05:13:09 PM »
I am retired from Uncle Sam...Worked for 37 years for the DOD. I did work at Basspro for a short time frame...I was suppose to give seminars to the general public on predator calling so I was not there for $$$$$$$.  However I found out real fast that retail.....Um they are there for $$$$$$$ and really did not care about training people in the art of predator hunting...See  God let me have a taste of retail before I pulled the plug on my government job..
From time to time  I do play my harmonica in church...However what I really do now is just plain retired.  I  do about two seminars a year now for calling.
Last two were for the Ned Smith Center at Millersburg and for a high school  agriculture curriculum class.

I am proud to say that when I did seminars... Many with my brother, Tom we got hats, shirts, supper, a calender as a memento,  no money what so ever for all of the seminars that we ever did...

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 06:57:14 PM »
I am a cnc machinist.  I make prescion parts to military specs.  I Also worked as a metal fabricator for a while Also
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 07:08:29 PM »
Am a local delivery person for a major trucking company.

I enjoy landscaping, trees, shrubs and all types of lawn work. Trimming bushes or planting something, I enjoy it.

Am a do-it-yourselfer around the house. 
My wife helps me with all projects. She's a big help. Plus we have a great family that helps when needed. And I return the help when they need help.

I do animal nusiance control work. By that, I catch varmints that are causing problems for home owners. Skunks, Groundhogs, Snakes, Squirrels, Chipmunks, Possums along with all furbearers causing problems. Spring and Summer are busy times.

I have a life long envy with furbearers. I've made it a study of sorts.

I grew up being in the Dog Supply industry. My Father made collars and leashes for hound dogs, Beagles, Coon Hounds and Fox Hounds. We sold all over the U.S.A and Canada.
90% of our business was mail order. We advertised in hound dog magazines.
So I made leather collars and leashes for 42 years.
I sold the business in 2001 because I was run ragged, holding down a full time job and running a full time business. My wife ran the place, my nephew, daughter, son-in-law and I made the goods. We also sold a full line of medicines and shots.

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 07:25:17 PM »
Even if your unemployed lets here what you can do.

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 07:28:47 PM »
Like Foxpro51 said,
I am a brick,block, and stone mason
Also a concrete mason.
I would love to do something else

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 08:18:56 PM »
i work for uncle sam in the Social Security Admin. 

Offline furbug

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 12:20:44 AM »

P.I.M.P

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 07:35:15 AM »
I retired from USPS with 38 yrs service in 2004....worked as a clerk and letter carrier for several years then went into maint.for balance as a mail processing equipment mechanic...everything from conveyors to robots..Trained in Electronics out of High School and held an FCC license for years...Hunt ,fish, play golf, sometimes help a friend who has a small handyman, construction business, when he has larger projects...Gardening,puttering around fill in the gaps.. ;D ;D

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2010, 09:54:07 AM »
I own a small lawn care company. I am a one man crew with 26 yards 3 extra july accounts and several hillside contracts. Insured for $500,000. AKA: Lawn Jockey 8)
FayetteNam

Offline bdawg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2010, 11:59:16 AM »
union carpenter, been in supervision most of my career, presently scaffold crew supervisor at brunner island power plant in yorkhaven pa for last 12 yrs or so
district #1

Offline furbug

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2010, 01:23:04 PM »

P.I.M.P
Pressure Injected Mold Processor

Used for making molds for ceramics.

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2010, 02:14:43 PM »
HA!! Lol
When I worked for MSA, my job title was "impregnator"
I ran a machine that baked chemicals into the towelettes for the decontamination kits for the military

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2010, 04:02:02 PM »
BDawg...my father retired from PPL Brunner Island, but it was longer than 12 years ago
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2010, 05:00:27 PM »
Keep them comming. I see a lot a talent that can help PPha and there memberrs.