Author Topic: Keep the shovels out  (Read 7622 times)

Offline mountain dog

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
Keep the shovels out
« on: February 08, 2010, 06:52:43 PM »
 Just watched the weather a little while ago. I hate to say it but here we go again. They are calling for 12 to 14 in our area with high winds. This will start tues. afternoon till wens. night. With that much snow plus what we have it might be a long week. It will be tough on all wildlife.
Have a good day
mountain dog

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Keep the shovels out
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 08:05:47 PM »
yeah gonna be bad.  they are calling for 6-10 here.  gonna stink personally.  I noticed about 5 inchs melted today and yesterday where I live.  but the piles of snow still seem huge here at the house. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 06:49:03 AM »
Yea the piles of snow around our parking area/driveway melted last week. No so now.
Ben, it's a good time of year for snow. Better now then spring, summer or fall.
And the bugs ain't too bad this time of year ;D

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 08:06:02 AM »
And the bugs ain't too bad this time of year ;D

Or snakes

uncle buck

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 10:58:33 AM »
"Gentleman Start Your Engines"!!!!
Suppose now it just "Start Your Engines!"
The Engines I am referring too are the engines on your snow blowers!!!!!!

Offline mountainfox

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • '09-10 Bobcat
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 12:51:35 PM »
So of us just have to keep the Icy/Hot close UB! ;D
~mountainfox

Offline mountain dog

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 04:15:03 PM »
It is snowing here right now. And it is pretty hard. I have to go to Bedford at 5:30 to get my taxes done. Might be a interesting trip. I'll let you know when I get back.
Mountain dog

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 04:47:07 PM »
Heck i just got my electric back after 4 days. Those cabelas sleeping bags worked great.  You guys out east are getting slammed again.

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 05:06:58 PM »
Hern
I have 15 inches on the ground yet, had 22 inches. I need no more snow because all the bugs are all buried. I watched a Redfox at work leap from place to place until he got to a Calvert. He has to be sick of it also. LOL 
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline longhair

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2010, 05:35:31 PM »
Heck, round 2 has just started and #3 is on the west coast right now. Might have to get to drag'n some snow off the roofs pretty soon. Seen one of my neighbors shoveling his roof off today.( allready ripped his gutter off one side of the house)

It's doing the same thing with this storm as the last. It's 33 degrees right now and it's wet and heavy snow coming down. Not supposed to be above freeze'n for the rest of the week. Just hope the power stays on this time.
Whatado !!!!
District 6
"When the queen is happy, There's peace in the kingdom."

Offline longhair

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2010, 05:39:59 PM »
Looks like the east is gonna bare the brunt of this one. That fox better boneup on his "tunnel'n" skills. ;D
Whatado !!!!
District 6
"When the queen is happy, There's peace in the kingdom."

uncle buck

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2010, 06:44:53 PM »
Heck, round 2 has just started and #3 is on the west coast right now. Might have to get to drag'n some snow off the roofs pretty soon. Seen one of my neighbors shoveling his roof off today.( allready ripped his gutter off one side of the house)

You know some people damage their shingles doing this too...Also know of two people that died. they fell off the roof removing snow.  See this is why one has homeowners insurance....I know their is a deductible..However you can do more damage with the shovel to your roof and also to yourself.....
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 06:45:34 PM by uncle buck »

uncle buck

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2010, 06:51:29 PM »
Bummer!!!!!Just looked outside... Twilight.....No light would be nneded this evening...However where would one park on the now what was 22.5 inches of snow?...Probably down a bit maybe 18 inches but still no place to park the Foxmobile (Saturn SL2).  The other vehicle a Chrysler town & Country  Van...While it be good to take you to Texas to hunt predators sure is not a good vehicle to hunt Pa Predators in a snow storm!!!!!!!!

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2010, 06:58:33 PM »
put the chains on the Trooper when i got home tonight from work.....gonna head in around 5am and hope to beat all the idiots on the roads. luckily my way to work is all backroads so dealing with other drivers at that hour is slim to nill. will probably be one of only a few on that road at that time. the real tricky part is going to be getting home...the brunt of this one is gonna happen tomorrow. talking blizzard conditions with "thunder snow" and high winds.....yeash!

12-20" i just saw predicted for me.

was planning on going calling tonight but its coming down harder than i anticipated at this hour already. i aint been out hunting in forever it seems. >:(
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2010, 06:59:07 PM »
I now have a couple of inches of new snow already and it is to snow all night and tomorrow all day. I wonder if there is room in that Calvert. :>)  
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!