Author Topic: Keep the shovels out  (Read 7624 times)

Offline Duffman

• Senior Forum Member
    • DuffMan's Myspace
Re: Keep the shovels out
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2010, 04:58:33 PM »
I got around 12-14 today on top of the 24-30 inches we got last weekend.
:":"DuffMan":":

"Lead, follow, or get out of the way."-Thomas Paine

Offline mountainfox

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • '09-10 Bobcat
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2010, 04:59:14 PM »
Well boys...from what the weather man says we could be in for round three the start of next week.  We got about 10" so far here in Clfd. Co.  Its hard to measure with the winds blowing it around.  My job actually closed at 1 due to the weather...its the first time since I worked there that we closed early do to the weather.  Roads have sucked since yesterday...we have had multiple MVA's all of the roads, and one on I-80 involving 50+ vehicles which has now caused at Tractor-Trailer to get "stuck" under a low railroad bridge about a mile from my house.  So people just never want to follow the posted detours.
If you do have to travel...Stay safe everyone!!!
~mountainfox

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2010, 05:23:20 PM »
We are in a blizzard warning till 4am tomorrow. Just got back from my moms today after 6 days without power. Already had to fix a pipe and the Water company had to replace a cracked meter drenching my cellar.
FayetteNam

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2010, 09:13:55 PM »
I'm not sure of the official amount we got, it blew around so much that some areas looked like we got 4 feet  ;D

I think my guesstimate was a little off earlier.....we did get about 8-10 this morning and probably got an additional 6-8, it looked like about 16 on the vehicles....so thats what my guess will be.....anywho....it was too much IMO...and Monday is just gonna torque me off more if snows again.....I love snow...but this is too much love for me  ;D
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline longhair

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2010, 06:34:26 PM »
Just to let you guys know that there's a tool made just for "roof snow".

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Midwest-16-Snow-Roof-Rake/13062184

I will find out how good this thing is. Mine will be here tomorrow. Sounds like monday or tuesday there's some more weather coming in.
Whatado !!!!
District 6
"When the queen is happy, There's peace in the kingdom."

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2010, 06:54:58 PM »
I like it. My wife will look like a pro behind one of those.
President PPHA

Offline longhair

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2010, 09:13:02 PM »
Works pretty good but now that I got this, I'll not wait till there's 2-3 inches of ice underneath the snow. Fresh stuff would be easier. Not to mention get'n over the 6 inches of ice at the gutters.

Just like most specialty things you buy, now that you got it you may never need it again. Took quite a few years to realize the return on buying a plow for the quad. ;D
Whatado !!!!
District 6
"When the queen is happy, There's peace in the kingdom."