Author Topic: feels like fall is here  (Read 5026 times)

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
feels like fall is here
« on: August 31, 2009, 07:16:50 AM »
I walked outside last night to put the windows up in my truck and as the pole light just turned on I couldn't help but think about memorys of fall.  wow.  allmost chilly enough that a jacket would have been warrented for a longer time out there.  even the smell reminded me of fall.  a little over a month away and people will be up a tree chasing whitetails and a little over 6 weeks and it will be fur season.  time flys. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline TrappinJohn

• Seasoned Forum Member
Re: feels like fall is here
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 09:39:52 AM »
51 this morning and only 56 now  ;D

That will get the old blood flowing!  Won't be long now.

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 09:48:52 AM »
ahhhhhhhh it feels like heaven.....I actually needed to cover with a  blanket last night  ;D

Is it Oct 24th yet...well the 22nd would be fine with me  ;D
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 10:14:10 AM »
I was in New York this past weekend and it was 50 degrees in the mornings.  With some of the wind and rain, it was down right chilly.  I am really looking forward to the season...........Tim
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline bootmud

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 11:20:24 AM »
Might sound weird but I get this funny feeling when I see the farmers cutting the corn, then you add the cool temps..... You really know it's getting close! ;)

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 12:14:16 AM »
Makes me feel like jeans and hoodie weather, which means, football, hunting of all types, halloween, and the great hunting that can be found the week of halloween  ;D
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline TrappinJohn

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 06:23:20 AM »
41 degrees this morning 

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 06:33:56 AM »
yea....the first day of goose season and I'm sitting in the office :( man it has gut to be sooo good this morning, the guys that are out huntin them should wack and stack'im this mornin... ;D
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 07:34:08 AM »
Hey Goose, how about a D4 goose hunt?
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2009, 07:51:14 AM »
someone left the frig door open last night.  I am blamin it on shawn.  man was it chilly out this morning. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Trophiesonly

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2009, 08:15:02 AM »
getting all my yote hunting gear ready this morning,hope i have some pics to post soon.

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2009, 09:34:15 AM »
good luck if you head out trophies.  I know it was nice to work in the yard last night and be comfortable. 

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2009, 09:59:39 AM »
Just a tad chilly this morning....I had some windows open and had to close em, cause I needed to bundle up last night....plus that chilly weather played heck on the knee.

Goose I'm with Tim....how about a D4 Goose hunt?   You can show us some things  ;D

I know this weather has me wanting to be hunting....we'll have to see how bad the Physical Therapist beats me up today.....this ought to be interesting
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2009, 10:10:40 AM »
never hunted geese before but I am game.  I need to go get my liscense and other misc things for season. 

Offline Trophiesonly

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2009, 10:59:56 AM »
Just a tad chilly this morning....I had some windows open and had to close em, cause I needed to bundle up last night....plus that chilly weather played heck on the knee.

Goose I'm with Tim....how about a D4 Goose hunt?   You can show us some things  ;D

I know this weather has me wanting to be hunting....we'll have to see how bad the Physical Therapist beats me up today.....this ought to be interesting

lol..i been putting off a neck operation,got 2 herniated discs,when my back was bad they let it go till one night 3 of us was on a round bail,we had a decoy out with a small light on it,here comes a fox,with a yote on its azz,then a yote lets out a big ol houndy howl behind us.

my daughter and myself,are trying to get my 13 year old nephew his first yote.
he gets scared when the one behind us howls,he gives me the gun,so i figured i would take the one chaseing the fox,which is now standing looking at the coyote decoy right beside the big red fox.

The boys start out with a 223 handi rifle,that is a hole cutter,i load for it.
Well i pulled the hammer back went to squeeze the trigger,and it sounded like the stock cracked.

I couldnt move,i pizzed myself,sheeet myself,,and couldnt feel my feet,but was in more pain than when my brother shot me when we were kids.

is the theropist a male or female...lol