Author Topic: feels like fall is here  (Read 5025 times)

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: feels like fall is here
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2009, 11:34:45 AM »
Ben, Ive never been out for waterfowl either..thats why I'm buggin Goose   ;D

TO....you n I would be a couple of crippled up hunters when we head into the woods together.....LOL
I think my PT is a male...but I havent gone yet, so I will find out this evening. I just want one that will not bend and twist me into a ball and have me crying for a week about my knee    ;D
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2009, 11:42:21 AM »
Tim/Shawn/Ben,

We are allowed 8 geese per day here in the early season 1-25 Sept...I'll do some checking around and see if we can organize something for the 18th or 19th...check your schedules , get your license....as I'm tied up til then....even if we don't get out in the early season I'm game for a later hunt or two... ;D Oh yea...it's warming up outside... >:(
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2009, 12:02:18 PM »
Goose can we shoot for a little later...I know all 3 of us have something planned that weekend.....between the PPHA picnic and other events scheduled.....Tim I believe will be out of state.

I will be asking you a ton of questions for gear and such before we go though  ;D

Tim, do you still have all those decoys?
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline CoyoteJeff

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2009, 12:55:35 PM »
If you guys have a goose hunt and I can I may have to drive down for that hunt. Always thought it would be interesting goose hunting.

Pa goosehntr don't forget about my woodduck feathers if you get any. ;D
PPHA District 3

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2009, 03:56:10 PM »
That stinks.  The only weekend I have open is this weekend.  So for me it will have to be the regular season.  If you guys still want to set something up, I can give my decoys to Shawn.  We should try to set something up for later as soon as possible because it seems like we have a decent size group that wants to do it........Tim
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2009, 01:46:31 AM »
Tony is a huge waterfowl hunter...hence his nick name on here...he's been trying to get me into waterfowl hunting for quite some time now...and I keep telling him I don't need anymore hobies or spend more time away from my tree stand and predator huntin...but...I think i'm going to try it this season once or twice, he seems pretty excited, we'll see haha, i'm just thinking I should just get my muzzleloader stamp, cuz after the goose/duck stamp that be the only liscens I don't have...100+ dollars in liscens fee's...jeeeeesh...either way if some sort of hunt goes down...or a friendly competition, us D2 guys will try and give you D4's a run for your money, and since we're all local, we could all grab some grub at a diner for a final talley later, after the hunt...keep myself and waterfowler1183 posted...
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2009, 06:19:35 AM »
Guys,

I think a hunt in the second season maybe better....right now the birds are unpredictable and have not gotten into regular patterns of feeding. Once the corn is picked it will get better and I for one like it to be cooler....even though it was 49° this mornin....just like predators, geese hafta eat when it gets cold and then the fun begins....keep pulling my chain and even if it's on an individual basis....contact me and I'll let you know if I plan on going out...... 8)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2009, 03:19:32 PM »
Sounds good Goose.  I'll stay in touch.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!