Author Topic: jaspr, did this ever happen to you?  (Read 7240 times)

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
jaspr, did this ever happen to you?
« on: January 06, 2016, 02:08:58 PM »
You may want to take a 110 or 160 with you when ice fishing...
https://www.facebook.com/keithkavajecz/videos/540189466139440/

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: jaspr, did this ever happen to you?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 02:31:00 PM »
that's funny...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 03:22:37 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Now that was great!! ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) Those wanting to catch mink take notes!! :o :o :o :o :o :o Yea, and that's the only way jaspr1 can catch mink  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 03:23:51 PM by Pa Goosehntr »
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 06:50:11 PM »
 >:( >:( >:( >:( Boy is that ever going to mess up BW's ......Wormhole flagging,nightcrawler,driveway,Robin, Mink research  :o :o :o There is always an Anomaly to set things back  :P :P Me thinks the Mink in question is someone's pet  ;) but I'm the skeptical type  :P :P :P......... 8)

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 09:49:35 PM »
Jaspr (aka Lookn4Answers), just checked with some guys from northern states...
That video was from Lake of the Woods, not sure what state, but up north.
Guys from up thataway say it's common for Mink and Otter to hit on fishing shanties looking for discarded minnows or stealing your catch (as shown in video). They say, if you leave your shanty set up for the season, it's common Muskrat try to move in and have grass and weeds scattered about. 

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 11:24:19 PM »
Jasper1
This cold weather messed up my sets. How much do fish tents cost? Anybody interested in some flag markers?
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2016, 06:33:03 AM »
 :( :( :( :( BW  :( :( :( :( You would need to be asking someone who has deep pockets about costs of anything, related to ice fishing :-[ :-[ I use a discarded shower curtain for shelter  :-[ :-[  and a cracked "Mud" bucket for my gear  :'( :'(....I even use a 1 cat  ::) cat sled to get there as I cannot afford a sled dog  :o I suggest maybe someone who can afford exotic hunting trips to places like Cameroon Co. ::) and can afford one of those new cartridge rifles  ::)..sorry I can't help you  :-[ :-[ Gotta go I here the garbage truck coming  >:( if I don't get out there  ::) the critters try to get my share of the scraps  :'( :'( :'( :'(................. "Poor" "Pop's" ...........8)

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2016, 08:01:01 AM »
I think you old coots are on to something.  Sinnamahoning Lake here I come.  I just picked up 6 new tents.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2016, 08:21:15 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Lookin4something says "I think you old coots are on to something." Hey Didn't Hern show you how it's done?? Whatever could you mean we're on to something  ??? ??? ??? ??? are ya blind  ??? ??? ??? didn't you see that mink ?? It's a fact, poured in ice even!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) Youngins!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2016, 08:44:13 AM »
 :( :( :( Breaking News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :o :o :o  Sinnamahoning Lake !!!!!!!!!!! Band Aid covered youth found asphyxiated, floating in the Lake. Local Para Medics indicate Lookn4Ice was apparently wading out into the lake to set up 6 ice fishing tents and was overcome by the weight of the tents and the lack of stiffness in the water  :P :P :P ............Old Coots indicated he had tweeted he was going to get the Fisher that "BUSTED HIM" by tricking the Fisher into believing it was a set up for Mink.... :o :o :o :o.................. Old Coot Hotline.......8)

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2016, 08:59:43 AM »
Jasper1
You better keep an eye on you kid!
Lookin4Puberty might have entered this stage in life. Six ice tents,  kind of reminds me of the young bull and the old bull story.
Ice tents, are they expensive?
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2016, 04:56:24 PM »
Nahhhh.  They are free.  An old Eskimo woman from Purry County showed me how to make them. :D :D :D :D
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2016, 05:42:03 PM »
 ;) ;) ;) Those do not qualify as unsinkables  :P :P :P :P :P :P take some vino corks along  ??? ??? ??? ???
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2016, 08:07:32 PM »
 BW says "You better keep an eye on you kid!"......Thank God he's safe  ;D ;D Para Medics hooked him up to the spare tire on the Ambulance ::) and pumped him full of Nitrogen  :o :o Now of course we will have to wait for all the bubbles to clear his Cranial Cavity  :o :o :o so he will be talking nonsense  ::) and babbling for a bit more than usual  :o :P :o :P :o :P :P :P......................."Old Coot Hotline" "Pop's reporting..................... 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2016, 09:14:57 AM »
 >:( >:( >:( >:( "babbling for a bit more than usual"...that must be like a hen house sewing bee  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)  :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member