Author Topic: fist ground hog siteing  (Read 2756 times)

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
fist ground hog siteing
« on: March 03, 2010, 11:42:55 AM »
seen my first ground hog of the season.  we have holes right beside work here and while talking to a fellow worker seen one come out nibble on something and then go back down the hole.  won't be long and the season will be here. ;D
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

uncle buck

Re: fist ground hog siteing
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 12:26:00 AM »
Now that there is good news...Looking forward to some serious chuck hunting this Spring..

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 07:25:50 AM »
Male or Female? I only shoot male groundhogs. LOL

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 09:35:11 AM »
Idk he never revealed  :o himself to me.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline mountain dog

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 05:38:30 PM »
The snow was melted down on east side of some of the hills around here now. Today coming home from work I seen a hog hole that he must have cleaned it out, dirt all over the snow. He must have made it through the winter. Cant wait to hunt the little critters. I dont start till the end of may or the first of june.
Mountain dog

Offline edhunts5

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 03:28:11 AM »
been seeing alot of dirt spots this week. few road kills also

uncle buck

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 10:59:32 PM »
I got out today from 3:10 PM  to 5:10 PM today...The chucks were out and moving.  I had 6 shot with the 17 REM CF.  A bit windy but looks like Chucks are out and about....