Author Topic: anyone make any predator stands yet?  (Read 2240 times)

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
anyone make any predator stands yet?
« on: October 13, 2009, 08:47:13 AM »
me and another ppha member went out on saturday and seen nothing but leaves blowin by us.  by the time we drove back in the mountian on a dead end road and then turned up a small logging road we hadn't seen anyone until we parked.  one lone white pickup parked.  the wind picked up considerably from the slight breeze that was down in the valley.  we made two stands quick and traveled down into the hollows.  made another stand before we had to head back.  called in some crows and now I have him interested in trying his hand out at doing some crow hunting also.  even though all the conditions were far from ideal we made an effort.  had fun and got some time in with a buddy.  I took notice to the conversation that we had while driving in the truck to our stands how the conversation turned from using this call to how about this load to which sound to use.  it was refreshing to get back to hunting in general.  hopefully next time we get out hunting it will be a bit better conditions.

anyone else been out hunting for coyotes at all? 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: anyone make any predator stands yet?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 11:38:39 AM »
BB
    Lil Goose and I were going to a Farm pond to hunt some ducks yesterday. Going down the farm lane we picked up a set of eyes....well around the next turn we were following a nice red down the lane...guess he decided we were getting tooo close to his tail and cut off through the fields...Lil Goose said, "Dad I could have shot that one"!!! :D I told him he has to wait a week or two before we start that.... :P
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Trophiesonly

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 12:24:40 PM »
he's eager thats great.......

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 12:30:38 PM »
Muttbuster and i wll let you guys know how the coyote population is next week. I hope 10 boxes of shells is a enough? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 06:27:21 PM »
Haven't made any stands yet but the time is drawing near.I've been hearing more coyotes than usual not sure if thats good or bad.Fox sign seems about the same as last year.

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 08:47:34 PM »
got out tonight for 1 stand, didn't call anything in, but i did see some coyote scat and some grey fox tracks in the mud.   first grey fox sign i have seen in that area in quite some time.   

Renny

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 08:11:15 AM »
Been at it for almost a month.....

Offline waterfowler1183

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 10:11:23 AM »
Just countin down the days til we make the first trip north...Cant wait

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 11:03:41 AM »
I will second that one.  I can't wait till next weekend.  ought to be good cold weather instead of the normal 60's south central pa has.  heck they are calling for snow in the northcentral part of the state this weekend. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”