Author Topic: what a nite!!!  (Read 10252 times)

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
what a nite!!!
« on: June 15, 2006, 09:50:48 PM »
loaded up 10 swift loads and took both the swift and hornet out tonight for alittle groundhog population control. sat down in the first field(first of two of prized spots..."the 'ole honey holes") and proceeded to shoot 7 chucks in a matter of 15 minutes. the field was infested to say the least. i 'winged' one at about 250yds as it was limping around trying to find it's hole for about 5 minutes. while shoving the chucks back down thier holes with the help of the farmers 8yr old boy, we came across that wounded one....i shot off his hind leg. but left the gun back at the truck. i'll get him another day if he lives through the nite.
i left that spot and went across the way to grandpops farm(second of the two sweet spots). shot another one and missed two.....at that point i was outta ammo. walked the swift back to the jeep...and grabbed the combo gun. i went back out and was walking past a chuck hole and happend to look down into it and seen two skunks lookin back at me....i flipped the barrel selector down to the 12ga and basically made mince-meat outta them at about 5feet....lol......i then decided i'd better high-tail it outta there...cause the stench was coming fast in my direction as i was standing downwind..heh heh. i shot and missed a chuck at about 125yds....free hand...then found a round bail to steady off of and redeemed myself with a second shot at the same one. that makes 9 total. i was running outta legal shooting time and started back to the jeep.....bout 500yds off. came across a racoon about 20yds away milling through the cut hay looking for red-winged blackbird eegs. i watched him for about 15 minutes as the blackbirds dive bombed him over and over trying to get him away from thier nests. started walking again and got about ran over by two fawns that came barreling over the hill top. scared the three of us pretty good...lol.

had a great nite.....aside from all the blood-shed.....it was fun none the less. gotta get out more often. alittle trigger time sure soothes the soul...LMAO!! :twisted:

-Woody
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

Offline Two-0-four

• Junior Forum Member
what a nite!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 09:45:48 AM »
I've been watching the various forums for your grizzley hunting stories but this is the first I've come across in a while. What ya been doing???????????????? Yea I know, you were preparing for a cookout but that doesn't take months. Ever since you started the post on Hunting PA you been in cogneeto. Poor spelling I know.
Glad to see you busted some and had a great time doing it. That's the most important part. FUN,FUN,FUN.
Keep it up Woody. :mrgreen:

Offline HFD60

• Junior Forum Member
what a nite!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 10:27:50 AM »
GOOD JOB WOODY....KEEP THEM COMING....
RICH
Rich Bistline Jr