Author Topic: Fur handling and predator lights  (Read 3277 times)

Offline seanthefreak

• PPHA Members
Fur handling and predator lights
« on: December 15, 2017, 06:41:51 PM »
Here's a two-part question. First is there anybody on here that puts up and skins predators near Pittsburgh and what do they cost. 2 I'm just getting started into predator hunting and I'm looking for a gun light something under 150 I've been looking at the wicked lights just getting a pinions

Offline QUATTRO

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Fur handling and predator lights
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 08:10:06 PM »
Sean, lots of people like their Wicked lights. I personally have never used them. Night Eyes is another well liked light and there are a bunch of lights in the price range you mentioned. Joe is also a PPHA sponsor and a good guy. I'd say check his site out. As far as your other question, I cannot help you there..sorry. Perhaps, someone else will chime in..
PPHA President

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 05:15:25 PM »
I love  the Wicked ic pro scan light.  However,  I’m  not real impressed with the  Wicked 404 IC shoot light.  I personally like the intensity control and the ability to either flood or pinpoint the beam.  I’m just not happy with the distance of the throw.
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline res56cue

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 08:49:36 AM »
I have been predator hunting for the past 6 years and I have been using the Night Eyes F6 Scan and Kill Light Combo.  I am very satisfied with the performance of it.  I can usually see eyes on a clear night out to 400-500 yards with the scan light, and the kill light is good out to 200 yards or more.

You can run the scan light at different settings, (Option 1 Full On, Option 2 Whatever Power you want - 50%, 40% ..etc), it can be changed to whatever your preference.  The battery life is also decent with it but it can't hurt to have an extra 1 or 2 for those cold nights.
Chris
Schuylkill County

"Now let me know when I come to something that interests you"
"I say, boy, pay attention when I'm talkin' to ya, boy"

Offline foxhound

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 01:45:46 PM »
Extra batteries is a great idea. I always carry spares. They're light weight and don't take up much space.
District 5 coordinator