Author Topic: re: Title 34 Sec. 2308B. Need your voices to be heard  (Read 3942 times)

Offline Sheri Baity

• PPHA Members
    • Sheri Baity Predator Series Game Calls
re: Title 34 Sec. 2308B. Need your voices to be heard
« on: November 18, 2017, 07:30:38 PM »
Hi everyone, it has been too long.  I have been working since March to change the laws for Title 34, Sec. 2308B to ALLOW Infra-red lighting to be legalized for Predator Hunters in the state of Pennsylvania since all 9 surrounding states already allow.

My steps thus far and the next steps for this to happen.  I have spoken at 2 PGC meetings.  I have gotten the equipment into their hands for two months to try out and become more educated with it.  I have spoken at 2 PA Farm Bureau meetings and sent three policy resolutions to the state level to be voted on.  Just received word that 2 policy resolutions were voted on and passed by the state level.  One was amended but that is ok for now... we are in with the PA Farm Bureau!

I have submitted a proposal to all 50 state legislators requesting that this law be changed for our sport.  I will be meeting with my state legislator Scarnetti in December to hopefully generate a bill for this.  In December also, I will be meeting with PA Farm Bureau and the Wildlife Protection Agency to give them a demonstration of the equipment and pushing for the cause.

I am coming to you all tonight to humbly ask that you start making the calls to your State Legislator and asking that the use of Infra-red equipment be legalized for Predator Hunters in the State of Pennsylvania.  Some of you may not use this equipment out of state but it would be nice to have that option.  I have used it all over the country and would like to be able to have that same choice like other states when it comes to my home state.

Feel free to mention the proposal that I have submitted via mail on June 16, 2017.  If you have any questions on this further, my email is sheribaity@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.  If this is not allowed admin, I apologize and please delete.
Sheri L Baity

"A Woman is like a tea bag, you never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: re: Title 34 Sec. 2308B. Need your voices to be heard
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 08:31:44 PM »
Sheri, are you still a member of the PPHA? Long time, no see.

I personally would like to see you push for hunting Pa. Bobcat & Pa. Raccoon on Sundays. Try to get that topic introduced into legislation.

Sheri, would you happen to be manufacturing or Selling Infra-red lighting for night time hunting?

Offline Sheri Baity

• PPHA Members
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 10:09:00 PM »
Hi Hern... I just updated my PPHA membership tonight.

I am a dealer for NiteSite now.  Infrared lighting equipment scope mounted and hand held.  You can check out my webpage and look and see and order.  However... I have yet to post the Black Friday discount that I just got word on.  Probably tomorrow I will have that info on the company Facebook page.

Now Sunday hunting... I have been learning so much on who has power and who you need to becomes friends with in regards to getting legislations passed.  Getting Sunday hunting is next on my list after I get this infrared legalized for predator hunters.

Shoot me off an email and I can get into it more...  all I can say right now is don't blame the PGC.  I never thought I would ever type those words but they are true.
Sheri L Baity

"A Woman is like a tea bag, you never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline QUATTRO

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 08:35:17 PM »
Sheri, no need to apologize, I myself and I'm sure others appreciate you posting here. I personally, agree with your agenda. I am hopeful that other PPHA members who share your take on Infra Red will step up and help support as well. I have also sent you an email as you requested. Let us know how we can help.
PPHA President

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 06:21:37 AM »
Sheri, thanks for the update.
I hope you can help Quattro.
My best to you.

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 06:50:35 AM »
 :) Done!................................. 8)

Offline Sheri Baity

• PPHA Members
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2017, 06:49:45 PM »
Quick update... Metting with my Senator on December 6.
Sheri L Baity

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2017, 11:37:54 AM »
Thank you for writing me about infra-red equipment for hunting. As you know, Pennsylvania law prohibits the usage of an infra-red beam or laser light in the scope or outside the sight of a firearm onto the target. The law does permit for either a flashlight or spotlight to be mounted on a firearm. I am unaware of any such legislation in Pennsylvania on this subject and will have to examine the policies of neighboring states in conjunction with the Senate Game & Fisheries committee.

Again, thanks for contacting me.

Sincerely,

John M. DiSanto, Senator

Response from my Senator, which I received today...