Author Topic: New Member From Northern NJ Looking To Join Hunt in Eastern PA  (Read 3653 times)

Offline Coemgenus

• PPHA Members
I wasn't certain where to post this topic.  I figured that this thread would receive the greatest exposure. 

I am new to PPHA (Oct 16).  The interest in predator hunting in NJ is rather anemic.  NJ Coyote Season is coming to a close on 15 March.  I was curious if there were any members interested in having an additional member join their hunts.  I am retired, and available with appropriate notice.  North East PA would be the most convenient for me, but would consider traveling further.  Thanks in advance.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother;...(William Shakespeare's play, Henry V, Act IV scene iii, St Crispin's Day speech)

Offline foxhound

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: New Member From Northern NJ Looking To Join Hunt in Eastern PA
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 07:22:49 PM »
I'm way across the state on the N.W. corner or I would be happy to get together. Perhaps we could try to plan something in advance where we could meet in the middle.  The downside is, neither of us would be familiar with the area. Hopefully someone closer will chime in.
District 5 coordinator

Offline Coemgenus

• PPHA Members
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 03:19:14 PM »
Foxhound:
Thanks for the reply.  I appreciate your offer, yes it would be tough to hunt an unfamiliar area.  Hence my request to the membership.  I'm just trying to maximize my chances of getting out to hunt, since nj season ends on 15 March. 

Cheers,
Kevin
Shall be my brother;...(William Shakespeare's play, Henry V, Act IV scene iii, St Crispin's Day speech)

Offline foxhound

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 07:27:08 PM »
What does the season length run in NJ ?
District 5 coordinator

Offline Coemgenus

• PPHA Members
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 11:40:27 PM »
1 Jan- 15 March. Not very long. I reckon it's due to the people population of the State. The weather gets nicer, and more folks are out doing "outdoorsy" things. Not much land here in NJ for all these folks to be out and about whilst I'm trying to bag a critter ;)

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 09:57:37 AM »
I'm in York.  About 2 hours away.  Send me a pm if interested

Jake
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!