Author Topic: coyote attack in luzerne co pa?????????  (Read 3410 times)

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
coyote attack in luzerne co pa?????????
« on: October 30, 2007, 07:02:00 AM »
Heard a story yesterday that a man was walking his dog (great dane) over the weekend and two coyotes snuck up behind them and tried to attack the man, the great dane turned around and attacked the yotes, the yotes turned their attention to the dog and tore him up pretty good, the vet said he is going to make it but they had to sew him up.   my boss was at the vets office over the weekend and he asked him and the vet confirmed the story.  

Also, wanted an opinion on mountain lions,  we bought a cabin in wyoming county pa, over the weekend the neighbor came up and was talking about a mountain loin they saw behind the cabin this year.   i talked to the previous owner (hunter) to see if he thought it was true and he said yes, he saw 2 so far in that area.  one had a white collar on its neck.  i have always thought it was just rumors because i figured someone would have killed one by now.  but know i am starting to believe they are here.  Has anyone one else seen one?  What would you do if you saw one?   are they protected?

Offline PA-Joe

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 08:34:27 AM »
They are most likely bobcat and not lions! Let me know if you see them cause my daughter has a bobcat tag to fill!

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 11:01:05 AM »
the game commission denies their existence, but then says they're protected in the next breath...  who's ever killed one, actually seen one, trapped one, where are the road kills?... not saying there aren't any around that people have turned loose as pets but if they are, they are few and far between...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline Tracker

• Senior Forum Member
    • http://www.huntnpa.com
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 02:18:13 PM »
Somewhere in the Reg's book it says, something to the effect like, anything not listed as a game animal with a season & bag limit is protected.
hyp⋅o⋅crite: a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.
Synonyms: deceiver, dissembler, pretender, pharisee, phony.

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 05:07:46 PM »
Quote from: "Tracker"
Somewhere in the Reg's book it says, something to the effect like, anything not listed as a game animal with a season & bag limit is protected.

they say them boar running wild out west, are farm animals and deny any responsibility to damages done so how can they now make a viable claim like that?...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline PA-Joe

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 07:57:45 AM »
You can release chukars and shoot them, and they are not listed! You can also shoot those released hogs! Why can't you then shoot a release lion?