Author Topic: Frustrating!!!  (Read 2466 times)

Offline Bigcat

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Frustrating!!!
« on: January 20, 2017, 10:23:06 AM »
Well I called a cat in at 8:30 this morning no shot.  He was coming fast at around the 45 min mark. It was about 40 yards when I saw him. He went down a dip aND behind a bunch of downed trees and never stepped out. I figured he sat down or I would see him leave the same way he came in because he came down the edge of a field.  Nope he went out in the field and back.  He was coming good I don't know what happened. I'm going to be back there tomorrow morning and set up a little different and hopefully he comes back also going to take the shotgun. If he gets that close again I'm not waiting for him to come out I'm gonna stand up and let him taste some #4 buck.
Home D-5
Camp D-3

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Frustrating!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 10:36:53 AM »
That's tough. Maybe you moved a bit to stop him. Or a bird moved behind you. Buggers are looking for movement. Were you using a decoy?

I didn't see anything this morning. Then the rain came. Only reason I go to this spot is because it's 6 miles from the house.
Already 2 Bobcats trapped out this season from other guys, on neighbors property. Plus I trapped 5 Fox there after Christmas. The property may be burnt out, but I'm too dumb to realize that. Still think there's a Bobcat or two there. I don't know why I do this, am not even mad at Bobcats.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 10:37:38 AM by Hern »

Offline foxhound

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 12:13:59 PM »
Don't get too frustrated Big cat. You know it's there and you know that you can call it in. You're doing better than a lot of guys ever do. You've put in the time the past few seasons and clearly you've done your homework. Stay confident in your spot and yourself. I know you'll get him!
District 5 coordinator

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 12:32:31 PM »
You're still further ahead of the game than most of us.  What sounds were you using?
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Bigcat

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 03:00:08 PM »
Yeah back at it tomorrow.
Hern I don't know he could have seen me move in don't know.  I had my decoy going and the Shockwave between logs so all he would have been able to see was the decoy flipping around.
Home D-5
Camp D-3

Offline Bigcat

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 03:50:31 PM »
Jake I was using fusion  lucky bird and one of the woodpeckers
Home D-5
Camp D-3

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2017, 04:37:09 PM »
Bigcat, I guess it was just being a finicky Cat. Which is frustrating at times.

Our house Cat is a pain. She comes running from the backyard to the door, I open the door, the darn Cat turns,  walks back in the yard. Dangburnit
Or vice versa...Our cat sits at the door to go outside. I open door. Cat stays sitting, or turns and stays inside.
Dangburn Cats.