Author Topic: The January lull....  (Read 2183 times)

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
The January lull....
« on: January 10, 2017, 12:45:03 AM »
     Well,   Its that time of year again.  Things are slowing down and the fur just isn't responding like it did a month ago.  Is there anyone out there who hasn't been struck by "The January Lull"?  If there is someone out there who is still putting fur down consistently,  please chime in and share your success stories.

This time of year when the fox calling slows down, I try to target the coyotes a little harder.  Mating season is just around the corner, and that's one time of year the coyotes seem to respond a little better for me. 
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: The January lull....
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 06:42:44 AM »
Agree Jake.
I pulled traps the past two days. Will finish pulling today.
Our Fox population has been low for several years. This season, it's hard to find Coyotes. It's been a tough trapping season for me. Just not much around. So I'll leave 'em be and hope for big litters this spring.
Then mating season and fresh snow arrives and seems like Fox/Coyote everywhere...lol.

Is anyone going to fur sale near Reading on Saturday?
or going to fur sale in Washingtonville on Sunday?

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: The January lull....
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 07:51:24 AM »
Hern, you busted my chops on this  ??? ??? ??? ??? "Is anyone going to fur sale near Reading on Saturday
or going to fur sale in Washingtonville on Sunday?"
He-He-He ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D...get this in the right topic area!!  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member