Author Topic: The D-4 Deckard Award  (Read 9969 times)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
The D-4 Deckard Award
« on: September 15, 2016, 12:51:34 PM »
This award will be presented to the D-4 member with the most outrageous description of a hunting experience during the 2016-2017 Predator hunting seasons. (description must be posted on the Forum) Final decision of the winner will be by vote of D-4 members and awarded on 1 April 2017..
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: The D-4 Deckard Award
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 01:28:09 PM »
Can I win my own award?  Because I am working on some good stories that will more than likely come true. ;D
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 01:35:23 PM »
 :) Yes..........and you will be hard to beat  :P Glad the D4 coordinators are excluded from this one  ;D I don't want to burst your bubble but we were looking to honor Ben... ;) but he's to truthful...we needed an embellishment artist like yourself  ::) However you might have some stiff competition  :( when the troops see the Trophy  ::) ::).........We will proudly be displaying at Newville Show...... 8)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 01:35:53 PM by jaspr1 »

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 03:25:48 PM »
Lol.  Good Luck.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2016, 03:32:29 PM »
 ;) ;) ;) The Old Coots are bringing a new twist to the game!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D See iffin yo youngins can keep up :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2016, 07:42:23 PM »
Jasper1
I will only believe you if pigs can fly.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2016, 05:37:27 AM »
 :) BW............You might like to know you were one of the BIG factors in the decision to keep the Trophy in house D4......We didn't want anything as Prestigious as "THE DECKARD" to fall down a wormhole the inaugural year. We also hope to wake up the sleepers in D4 so you know who doesn't just walk away with it... :P...He's already acting snooty and plenty cocky, like it's in the bag.  ::) I think there are others out there that have locked their keys in the trunk with their caller and firearm and had to walk 15 miles to be rescued.... :( :( Sonny doesn't have a lock on that.... :o........................ 8)..........On DISPLAY at Newville tomorrow....we were hoping for a picture of Sonny with Pig  ;) but he will be off working on winning.... ???

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2016, 07:59:34 AM »
Crazy Award...
Not a hunting experience, but a trapping experience this week.
I set a tiny, thin wire snare for a Chipmunk. Hole was under a cement porch. Snare set at entrance.
I caught a 5' Black Snake!
Outrageous!
Release unharmed.

*This was at our home, doing nuisance damage control.

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2016, 08:02:57 AM »
You are an animal. :o :o :o

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2016, 08:07:55 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D Hern has a leg up sonny...yea, it's a trappin story :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\...but it's the first to appear  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2016, 08:10:13 AM »
Can't argue that.

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2016, 08:49:19 AM »
Naw. Don't count that. It's not about Predator Hunting. It's not Predator Hunting season yet.
Just wanted to relate a story on nuisance work. Which seems to always be a challenge and outrageous at times.

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2016, 09:26:56 AM »
Hern
Snake snaring, Hern you should have never let that out. Lookn4arattler will probably give up on a fisher and now take up Snake snaring.

Jasper1  I am starting to believe pigs can fly.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2016, 09:32:36 AM »
Hmmmmm??

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2016, 02:56:41 PM »
 :( :( :( Hern ...sonny is gonna run with that new knowledge... :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member